Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surplus Israeli FN Browning Hi-Power

Is $400 - $520 too much for a well used hi-power?

Robertsons Trading Post on gunsamerica has a whole bunch of surplus police units, various years of production and condition.

Most are "good" to at best "very good" condition. (NRA)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Surplus Israeli FN Browning Hi-Power

It all depends on how used they are and what condition they are in. I have some near mint ones for $495.00.

(Northampton County)

If your looking at the ones listed on Guns America from Robertsons Trading they look to be in decent condition.For comparison I can offer you this example I bought an Argentine Hi-Power from SOG for $299-function and accuracy were fine ,in fact better than I expected. Finish on the other hand sucked -so I stripped and dura coated it and installed new hogue rubber grips. I now have about $375 in the pistol,not counting 2 extra mags that I bought. So for $400.to $480. You can get one in better shape. By the way I wanted one with crappy finish because I am starting A firearms refinishing business and using pistols and rifles in poor shape as start to finish examples for a website that we are building. MY whole point is that yes you can buy them for cheaper but the price that they are going for in better condition is reasonable. I have enjoyed shooting mine and have decided that this one will be keep for my personal collection. By the way I have purchased a variety of surplus pistols over the last 6 months including a Pa-63,CZ-82,AP6,P-83,bulgarian Mak,and a P6 sig. Out of the 7 that I bought 3 looked brand new and unfired. The Ap-6 would not fire but that problem was easliy resolved.

(Indiana County)

Highland Arms of Ligonier had several Israeli High Powers at the Indiana Gun show for between $399 and $549 or so depending on condition. Most had been fired little.

I recently picked up an as new SIG P220 w/ 2 mags for $539 (Louisiana State Police trade- no wear at all, just storage scratches) and an equally nice Israeli Beretta 92F for $395 a couple months back. Many of the former Israeli pistols are basically new, but have some scratches from being pushed around in armory storage. They are really good deals, especially if you get to examine the pistols first hand at the dealer.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA

(Northampton County)

Thereis one other way you can go Century Arms imports the Arcus line which is I believe a bulgarian manufactured exact copy of the Hi-power new they go for $360.00 they have duo tone and single color models as well as a 4 inch and 4.7 inch version. I am personally considering the 4 inch model in duo tone for my collection. I like shorter versions and if you got an original short hi-power its going to run close to triple this price.

for $4-500 I would be buying new.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Thereis one other way you can go Century Arms imports the Arcus line which is I believe a bulgarian manufactured exact copy of the Hi-power new they go for $360.00 they have duo tone and single color models as well as a 4 inch and 4.7 inch version. I am personally considering the 4 inch model in duo tone for my collection. I like shorter versions and if you got an original short hi-power its going to run close to triple this price.
    Those Arcus pistols look neat, but the sharply angled frame spur has kept me from buying one until I get to actually hold it. I too would go with the shorter model in single action; as I recall they came in DA/SA as well.

(Northampton County)

I stand corrected the Arcus is now made here in the USA not overseas as I thought. The hi-power that I bought Argentine model was $299.00 I could have
    gotten hand picked for an addition $10.00. Like I said it is a good shooter I have been extremely happy with all of my surplus pistol purchases. The Arcus has also been adopted by the Iraqi armed forces-go figure. I to would like to see it in person.

(Northampton County)

I did some more checking on the Arcus model I was originally right it is imported,not made in USA. It is available in 4 inch and 4.7 inch models holds 13 rounds weighs in at 31.7 ozs. for the 4 inch model. Looks like about colt 1911 combat commmander sized-interesting pistol. If I get one I will review it and post pics.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by group17 View Post
    for $4-500 I would be buying new.
    New one's go for double that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast