Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default *Utah out of state 85$ inc. the class*Eastern Sport & Outdoors show

http://www.easternsportshow.com/en/S...ah-Legal-Heat/

Hi though I'd share ...I may be going out;
    UT & PA Concealed Firearm Class - Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show
    Sat. 2/12/11 11:00am

Utah Legal Heat

If you'd like to obtain a concealed firearm permit that is recognized in over 30 states (including Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, West Virginia and Virginia), you'll be able to do it this year at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show thanks to the nationally recognized staff of Legal Heat.

Legal Heat will offer all-inclusive concealed firearm permit training classes each day beginning at 11:00AM in the Main Hall Seminar Room B. The classes consist of three hours of classroom instruction, no shooting or written test is required. Legal Heat's instructors are attorneys and firearm experts who train thousands of students each year throughout the country. For more information about Legal Heat and its instructors you may visit there website by clicking here.

This concealed firearm class is only $85.00 per person and includes the cost of 1 ticket to the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

For more information about the concealed permit firearm class at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show click here.

Class space is limited and classes are expected to fill quickly. To secure your spot in the class of your choice, please pay for your class using PayPal (see below) or contact Legal Heat at 877-252-1055 or contact@utahlegalheat.com

We'll see you at the show!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: *Utah out of state 85$ inc. the class*Eastern Sport & Outdoors show

The classes consist of three hours of classroom instruction, no shooting or written test is required.
    Twas my understanding that the UT class had to be MINIMUM 4 hours......

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Twas my understanding that the UT class had to be MINIMUM 4 hours......
    4 hours is the recommended time but it is not mandated by statute.

It seems Utah is passing or passed a law stating that if you don't have a CCW in your own home state you can not get a Utah permit. So say someone from NJ who can not get a permit in a may issue state or any similar state, you're done. And if you already have one you're not going to be able to renew unless you can prove you have one......
    Anybody here of this?
    The answer to a fool is silence.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    It seems Utah is passing or passed a law stating that if you don't have a CCW in your own home state you can not get a Utah permit. So say someone from NJ who can not get a permit in a may issue state or any similar state, you're done. And if you already have one you're not going to be able to renew unless you can prove you have one......
    Anybody here of this?
    If it passes....it would only affect you as a NJ resident, if NJ began to honor the UT permit.

(4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed
    75 firearm permit under this section, a nonresident applicant S. who resides in a state that
    75a recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
    75b permit law .S shall:
    76 (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the
    77 appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dashem View Post
    http://www.easternsportshow.com/en/S...ah-Legal-Heat/

Hi though I'd share ...I may be going out;
    UT & PA Concealed Firearm Class - Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show
    Sat. 2/12/11 11:00am

Utah Legal Heat

If you'd like to obtain a concealed firearm permit that is recognized in over 30 states (including Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, West Virginia and Virginia), you'll be able to do it this year at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show thanks to the nationally recognized staff of Legal Heat.

Legal Heat will offer all-inclusive concealed firearm permit training classes each day beginning at 11:00AM in the Main Hall Seminar Room B. The classes consist of three hours of classroom instruction, no shooting or written test is required. Legal Heat's instructors are attorneys and firearm experts who train thousands of students each year throughout the country. For more information about Legal Heat and its instructors you may visit there website by clicking here.

This concealed firearm class is only $85.00 per person and includes the cost of 1 ticket to the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

For more information about the concealed permit firearm class at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show click here.

Class space is limited and classes are expected to fill quickly. To secure your spot in the class of your choice, please pay for your class using PayPal (see below) or contact Legal Heat at 877-252-1055 or contact@utahlegalheat.com

We'll see you at the show!
    who is the Utah Instructor teaching the course?

the minimum to my knowlege is 4 hours of instruction

I don't see how anyone could even shorten it more. there is a lot of material that MUST be covered.

when you say it's all inclusive what does the course include?
    Last edited by gbrown221; February 3rd, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    who is the Utah Instructor teaching the course?

the minimum to my knowlege is 4 hours of instruction

I don't see how anyone could even shorten it more. there is a lot of material that MUST be covered.

when you say it's all inclusive what does the course include?
    From their website

All of our classes offer the following at no extra charge:

* Passport sized photographs
    * Pre-addressed envelope
    * Photocopy of drivers license
    * All required class materials
    * Required fingerprint card

(Philadelphia County)

Spoke to Utah today who confirmed the minimum course time is 4 HOURS.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Spoke to Utah today who confirmed the minimum course time is 4 HOURS.

Not sure who told you that. Last years instructor certification course, specifically slide 43, says 4 hours is RECOMMENDED. They even underlined that part of the slide. Check your CD for that slide to see if it differs from mine.

The instructors went out of their way to state there is no required minimum, only a recommendation. Too many factors can affect the length of the Utah CFP Course thus the reason for no statutory hourly requirement.

(Philadelphia County)

I have the slides you are refering too as an instructor I received the same packet. I phoned directly to BCI today and an administrators of the program states that the minimum is 4 hours.

I realize their are instructors whose programs are even longer for various reasons such as a live fire exercise and/or number of questions fielded.

I wonder how short of a class Utah would accept? At what point do you draw the line and say that the required material under law is not being covered.
    Last edited by gbrown221; February 7th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast