Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default New Shop Open in Dover

    SHOOTING SPORTS FIREARMS LLC
    2990 Carlisle Rd Dover, PA
    717-767-2512
    Email: shootingsportllc@aol.com

    Hours: Mon-Thr-Fri 10 till 7:30
    Sat 11 to 5
    Sun 12 to 4

    New, Used, Consignments, Transfers & Special Orders.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    I drove by today and it looks like it is in the location of Classic Arms Gunshop that has been closed for a number of years. Looks like some new signs are up on the door but the sign outside has not yet been changed. I will be interested to read a review when someone goes in (I would but my time is quite limited with school and work).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    I'll be checking it out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    981025

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthetomato View Post
    I drove by today and it looks like it is in the location of Classic Arms Gunshop that has been closed for a number of years. Looks like some new signs are up on the door but the sign outside has not yet been changed. I will be interested to read a review when someone goes in (I would but my time is quite limited with school and work).
    Yeah, I just checked out the address and saw that it's the same. So I guess a good start is asking whether or not there were any issues with Classic Arms?

    Also, how much are transfers? There are two places in the area at $20 - $25 so I hope they stay in the same ballpark.
    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."
    - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    Pector55. "So I guess a good start is asking whether or not there were any issues with Classic Arms?"

    Not sure what info you are looking for. Classic Arms was owned and operated by Ray Yingling. He operated the auto repair shop behind the gun shop also. Ray passed away a few years ago from brain cancer. He was a good businessman. Nice guy to do business with. The gun shop closed then. Bout time someone re-opened a gun shop there. I too am interested in the transfer fees and will check back here for more information. TT
    Ghostery

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    Yes, the old owner of classic arms had passed away, the shop had been closed for around three years. I happen to come down 74 and got stopped in front of the shop at the traffic light and seen there was a sign that said open in the window. I decided to check it out. I talked to the new owner for a little while, sign in shop said (I think) tranfers were 22.50. The owner said he would work with me on that price. He has about 12 pistols in the case for now, said he had some AR's coming in and would be willing to order in anything that I would want. I figured I would post it and let everyone know that he is there and what his hours are. I hope it works out for him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    981025

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeTraveler View Post
    Pector55. "So I guess a good start is asking whether or not there were any issues with Classic Arms?"

    Not sure what info you are looking for. Classic Arms was owned and operated by Ray Yingling. He operated the auto repair shop behind the gun shop also. Ray passed away a few years ago from brain cancer. He was a good businessman. Nice guy to do business with. The gun shop closed then. Bout time someone re-opened a gun shop there. I too am interested in the transfer fees and will check back here for more information. TT
    Issues, like whether there were any bad dealings. It's always good, and fair, to ask around about that. I didn't know why it had closed. I've been in this area since 1999 and had never been in that shop.
    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."
    - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    Quote Originally Posted by whsell3 View Post
    Yes, the old owner of classic arms had passed away, the shop had been closed for around three years. I happen to come down 74 and got stopped in front of the shop at the traffic light and seen there was a sign that said open in the window. I decided to check it out. I talked to the new owner for a little while, sign in shop said (I think) tranfers were 22.50. The owner said he would work with me on that price. He has about 12 pistols in the case for now, said he had some AR's coming in and would be willing to order in anything that I would want. I figured I would post it and let everyone know that he is there and what his hours are. I hope it works out for him.
    I hope he's got a P94 in 40 cuz I'm going there this weekend.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    47148

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    The wife and I will stop by thursday evening and will post a review.

    I work part time at the "large retail sporting goods chain store" in York and have my transfers done through Mechanicsburg Ordnance because our fees are way to d*mn high. I work in Mechanicsburg at my full time job so that was somewhat convenient for me, but something a whole lot closer to home and even less than Mechanicburg Ordnance (around $30) would be great!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New Shop Open in Dover

    I met the owner the other day and he's a nice guy, not looking to make a killing off the first guy who walks through the door. Not a large inventory by any means but if he's fair and with reasonable prices, he'll get my business. All i can say is if everyone wants a local gun shop, we better support him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zellers Sports Shop OPEN HOUSE
    By mattsomer in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
  2. Barber shop open on Sunday?
    By jtkratzer in forum Lancaster
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 24th, 2010, 12:41 PM
  3. open carry pamphlet spotted in local shop
    By Justin2012 in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM
  4. Replies: 76
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops