Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Current wait time for Philadelphia LTCF

The GPU does its work in batches. What they do is wait until a closet full of filing cabinets are full of applications and then they run the applications and send out the denial notices immediately by certified mail this usually takes three or four weeks. Those that pass the baseline requisites have their names and DL numbers run through the parking authority looking for unpaid tickets. If the parking authority has has issued a citation, they'll then scroll down to see if you've paid it, (don't ask me why, but apparently this takes two to three weeks) If you haven't, they issue a rejection letter via certified mail. Only after all of this has happened do they send out issuance letters. It took ten weeks to get mine. Not saying what they do is legal, only that its what they do.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    The GPU does its work in batches. What they do is wait until a closet full of filing cabinets are full of applications and then they run the applications and send out the denial notices immediately by certified mail this usually takes three or four weeks. Those that pass the baseline requisites have their names and DL numbers run through the parking authority looking for unpaid tickets. If the parking authority has has issued a citation, they'll then scroll down to see if you've paid it, (don't ask me why, but apparently this takes two to three weeks) If you haven't, they issue a rejection letter via certified mail. Only after all of this has happened do they send out issuance letters. It took ten weeks to get mine. Not saying what they do is legal, only that its what they do.
    What we need is for everyone who has to deal with this nonsense to file formal complaints each and every time.

Now that would turn some heads, and possibly get things fixed.

(Delaware County)

Has anyone successfully appealed a denial on the basis of unpaid parking tickets?

Parking tickets are a civil law matter and I'm hard pressed to see how the PPD justifies a denial under 6109 for upaid parking tickets. Does anyone have a "parking ticket denial letter" and can they scan and post it here so we can see the cited reason?

May be you shouldn't use the DL for your ID - Perhaps your passport and voter registration card or military ID (if you have one)..

Just picked up my permit today. 7.5 weeks.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks GCND06. 8 weeks seems to be the norm. Anyone know about a a denial based upon traffic violation in philly? I slide through a red light a day after I submitted my LTCF application. The officer told me I could appear in court to reduce to a lesser charge, i.e. fine but no points. My court date is after the "eight week" wait for LTCF approval. If I pay it, will it show up as paid when PPD runs a check on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Thanks GCND06. 8 weeks seems to be the norm. Anyone know about a a denial based upon traffic violation in philly? I slide through a red light a day after I submitted my LTCF application. The officer told me I could appear in court to reduce to a lesser charge, i.e. fine but no points. My court date is after the "eight week" wait for LTCF approval. If I pay it, will it show up as paid when PPD runs a check on me?
    This is not a valid reason to deny a LTCF. Not that the PPD cares about the law, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you get denied for such a silly reason get in touch with gbrown221. I think he would be very interested. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check this thread here .
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...fs-needed.html
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sc522 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how long the "Gun Permit" Unit is currently taking to process LTCF applications? My 8 weeks were up on 01/27/2011 and I haven't received anything from them. Would be worthwhile to call or go down there to inquire on my status?
    I submitted my application on Friday, July 10, 2015 and was told that I should get a response in the mail within 10 weeks (Approximately 70 days).

My friend applied in Bucks on Saturday July 11, 2015 and picked it up on Friday July 24th (Approximately 13 days).

Doylestown issues the permit on the spot.

I'll provide another update either when I get the notice or when 45 days pass.

(Chester County)

I applied June 29 and was told I should have something in the mail within 45 days and the officer stated that it was not business days and if I hadn't received anything by then to call/come in. So today is 44 days and I'm not expecting to get anything. They just sent me my notice last week that my current LTCF was "expiring in the next 60 days" and that I needed to renew. It such BS because the actual check takes 10 mins. They could have you being checked in PICS, etc while you're answering your survey and walk out with your permit in an hour. Its ridiculous.

(Chester County)

So I went there today. And signed in, waited 15 mins before they called me (I was first person on status/pickup list). I was like I want to check my status, so the officer says, well how many days has it been. I was like 47. So shes like well it doesn't include weekends. So I said I thought the law was calendar days. So takes my license and starts walking away saying no its business days, so I chime back the lady before said calendar. After 10 mins she comes back and says they haven't checked it yet as it was sitting in the middle of a big stack. If I want to wait 15-20 mins they can run it for me. So I said I'd wait. 30-45 mins later they call me back for my picture and give me my ID. Pretty sure it was only because I knew the law wasn't business days because business day wise 45 days is closer to 60 or so and I doubt she would have "pulled my application from the middle of the stack" if she had any legal standing on the business days. Next time I hope I'm not still living in the city or I'm re-applying at least 60 days prior to expiration.

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Re: Current wait time for Philadelphia LTCF

That's just unacceptable. We shouldn't have to go out of our way for a status when the ball is in their court. We honor the law and they should too.

Who can we contact about this issue?

This office seems out of compliance way too often and should be held accountable. People are failing to do their job and making it difficult for us as citizens to protect ourselves and our families.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast