Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: "People that carry, lve in a dream world"

I know this is an old video, but has anyone contacted the folks who made this, or the Bethlehem PD, to try and find out why they would participate in such a horribly one-sided and falsified skit?
    Junior

(Chester County)

ok so who has a large open building and some paint ball guns cause I'd be so in to do our own version of this
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Wyoming County)

Why do they have top flaps on the some of the holsters? Was I the only one that noticed that, and why would they even say he, "Has used airsoft guns."

If someone could out draw a trained man, while he had he or she basically in his sights and gun out of his holster I would be impressed. If you add in that they were using a holster with a flap, a huge shirt, big thick gloves, and have never had more than an hour of training. The setup is a joke.
    Last edited by shooker8; February 1st, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Delaware County)

This whole thing is a travesty against the scientific method.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I know this is an old video, but has anyone contacted the folks who made this, or the Bethlehem PD, to try and find out why they would participate in such a horribly one-sided and falsified skit?
    That does not need to be asked, just about every police department in the country does not want the citizenry to have, carry or use firearms. Anyone out there thinking the police are on your side is mistaken, the police are on their own side. If you do not believe that, read this:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...sn_t_easy.html

The Police are on their own side and they support the government and whatever will get them more funding and more officers. The above referenced article is an excellent example of how the police deny the public and act in a hostile fashion towards the citizenry without firearms being any kind of issue. Philosophically, it is best explained here:

Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    This whole thing is a travesty against the scientific method.
    There is another way to look at it, it is an attempt to manipulate the populace through fear to follow the agenda of the media/government/police. It is not as benign as fudging a scientific method. This is the propagation of ideology through fear and misdirection. This serves the purposes of those that want absolute power.

I do not mean to pick on you or your posts. You were writing what many casual skeptics may be thinking and I wanted to address that line of thought.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: "People that carry, lve in a dream world"

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Va Tech massacre lasted long enough for the school to send out text messages, for the police to respond and order donuts, and there would have been enough time for a law-abiding student to assemble an AK from a parts kit and stop the killing.

Heehee!

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    Why do they have top flaps on the some of the holsters? Was I the only one that noticed that, and why would they even say he, "Has used airsoft guns."

If someone could out draw a trained man, while he had he or she basically in his sights and gun out of his holster I would be impressed. If you add in that they were using a holster with a flap, a huge shirt, big thick gloves, and have never had more than an hour of training. The setup is a joke.
    they're not flaps, but thumb breaks. most police departments have their officers use them to make it harder for a criminal to use the officers gun against them. In a struggle it's common for criminals to go for the officers gun.

(Monroe County)

All that experiment proves is that a "suicidal attacker", who does not care about his own life, has a distinct advantage in accomplishing his mission. NO SHIT

(Philadelphia County)

What a terrible piece of propaganda.

The shooter knew where the armed citizen was sitting.
    The armed citizen had a positive (Level 3) retention holster that should only be used for open carry.
    The armed citizen had a ridiculous shirt on that no one in his right mind would wear...ever.

And the fact remains that while it's quite possible the armed citizen will fail to "save the day," there is a hell of a lot better chance of killing the shooter if someone is armed than if no one is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast