Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Lets make a deal!

There are times people ask me why I own guns. My real reasons is I enjoy shooting, Home protection, and I was brought up around them, so they are as natural to me as eating regularly.

but some times I want to blurt out Let's Make a deal!!! & Deal or no Deal!

When some one says I am violent because I own guns, I feel like saying... If that makes me violent, then having hands makes you a strangler. Let's make a deal? I'll get rid of my guns you get rid of your hands.. Deal or no Deal!
    When they tell me guns kill people, I feel like saying And spoons and forks make people fat! Let's make a deal? I get rid of my guns, we remove every spoon and fork in this country. Deal or no Deal!
    When people tell me they would prefer you had a sword to having a gun, I fell like saying I would feel better if you had a horse then a car. Let's make a deal? I get rid of my guns, you ride to work on a horse! Deal or No Deal!

We have come to a time where people, often minorities, decide what we should or not do.
    ·We should not have the 10 commandments.
    ·We should not speak of our Christian Faith.
    ·We should not have guns.
    ·We should not be too harsh on other nations.
    ·We should tolerate illegal immigrants.
    ·We should diversify our faiths, make them more modern.
    ·We should change our views on foreign affairs.
    ·We should not protect our interests in other countries.
    ·We should let our borders open to other nations.
    ·We should allow the use of other languages.

I don’t see it that way, Am I wrong? Some how I feel like some one is sneaking through my back door...
    • Why don’t you want the 10 commandments? Could it be you have beliefs that contradict good moral judgments?
    • Why can’t I speak of my Christian Faith? Is it because it stops you from brainwashing me with your beliefs?
    • Why can’t I own guns? Are you thinking I might hurt you, or do you simply think the thief coming in my home should be more armed then I am?
    • Do you really think it is harsh to other nations to tell them they can’t attack us here? Maybe you prefer we just let them have their way.
    • Of course we should tolerate illegal immigrants! While we are at it, let’s pay them welfare and Medicare, Some thing the average American does not have for free.
    • If I diversify my Faith, then it is no longer a faith, it is a cult. Beliefs are not some thing you change to suit your moods.
    • Why would I need to change my views on Foreign affairs? If I liked it there better then here, I would have chosen that country to move to.
    • If my government does not protect my interest in other countries, why where they elected?
    • Our borders are open to other nations; there is a legal way to gain entry. Once inside please oblige to our rules and laws. Don’t like it? Go back to your country of choice.
    • I do allow the use of other language, I speak fluent French, when I speak to my family and friends at home, and I speak to them in French and or English depending where they live. I live in the United States. An English country, I expect to be spoken to in English.
    But when I look at all of these in a devils advocate’s eyes, I can see that people are just opening a stage for a place where the citizens have no way to protect themselves, no faith to support them, a legal representation that is not of their moral choice, and a government that will not be strong enough to protect.
    People talk about the war on terror, yet the terror is every day when you are told by a minority what you should believe, what you should and should not be allowed to do. We use politically correct terms to hide things that in reality are even more visible. And we should protect others rights to a point that ours are dissolved?

Maybe I am the only one who sees this in this way. Maybe I am wrong… What do you think?
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 2nd, 2006 at 05:23 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Lets make a deal!

You aren't wrong, Frenchy. Of course, on this forum, I have the feeling that you're "preaching to the choir"...
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: Lets make a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    You aren't wrong, Frenchy. Of course, on this forum, I have the feeling that you're "preaching to the choir"...

AMEN Brother!!

ETA: & Sister!!
    Last edited by GRoPA; November 2nd, 2006 at 02:10 PM.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceFire

To Frenchy, its Brother but to IceFire it would be Sister
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: Lets make a deal!

...those are nice thoughts Frenchy,that's why we are americans,we have a home a country and a family to defend,nobody's gonna take my weapons from me,we have the right to keep and bear arms,that's why we have to keep working on behalf our 2nd amendment........you choose your words good buddy....Im there bro.....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

Quote Originally Posted by glockguy68 View Post
    ...those are nice thoughts Frenchy,that's why we are americans,we have a home a country and a family to defend,nobody's gonna take my weapons from me,we have the right to keep and bear arms,that's why we have to keep working on behalf our 2nd amendment........you choose your words good buddy....Im there bro.....
    I really don't do bad for a French Canadian do I?

I am amazed this thread made surface again, it's been months and there where no responses to it.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: Lets make a deal!

..don't know why because this is our everyday bread,is our goal as US citizens and our pride is on stakes,if we don't defend it who's gonna?,we are in PA,God's land and we gotta be grateful for what we have ,for that I give you a 10 Frenchy.......two thumbs up....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...