Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: rossi 351

(Berks County)

Default rossi 351

i purchased an older Rossi 351 last night and I guess it is older because it says interarms and virgina on it. From my quick research this afternoon I found that Tauras bought them in 1997. If I am mistaken please let me know. Anyway the question I have is will the older 351's take +P ammo like the new models. I would hate to damage the gun and since it did not come with any manuals I figured I would ask. thanks

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: rossi 351

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    i purchased an older Rossi 351 last night and I guess it is older because it says interarms and virgina on it. From my quick research this afternoon I found that Tauras bought them in 1997. If I am mistaken please let me know. Anyway the question I have is will the older 351's take +P ammo like the new models. I would hate to damage the gun and since it did not come with any manuals I figured I would ask. thanks
    I checked a few sites and they all say it is +P. I have a 462, have never had an ounce of trouble with it. Rossi is owned by Taurus, not sure exactly when that happened ? Have fun with it I bobbed the hammer on mine and added some wood grips - here's what it looks like after my handywork if you decide to play with yours at all.

Last edited by cruzans; February 1st, 2011 at 09:07 PM.

(Berks County)

thanks. I do like the handiwork. Do the wood grips help with concealed carry? I like the grips on mine but they seem a little chunky, which isn't a bad thing while I am getting familiar with it but later on if I carry it a smaller grip would be welcome. In my research I found that tauras bought rossi in 1997.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    thanks. I do like the handiwork. Do the wood grips help with concealed carry? I like the grips on mine but they seem a little chunky, which isn't a bad thing while I am getting familiar with it but later on if I carry it a smaller grip would be welcome. In my research I found that tauras bought rossi in 1997.
    They make it a little better for cc but I did it soley for looks, I like wood grips and finger grooves. Bobbing the hammer does make it better for conceal carry though, no hammer to get caught up ! The 462 is a 357 version of your gun and obviously chrome vs. blue. When you actually shoot 357 magnums out of it, it is quite an experience with the 2" barrel Shooting +P's out of yours shouldn't be too too bad - but will be loud and get some nice flame Here's what mine looked like before I did my handywork. The grips that were on it are much better to absorb the kick from 357's, but like I said, I just like wood. Have fun with your new purchase !