Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Idiot Bloomberg at it again

Ya know, I hear this man on the news almost every night whining about how short the NYC budget is and how they are going to have to cut services or layoff people but he can afford to send two NYC undercover cops to Arizona to try and buy 'illegal guns' .... just amazing what an asshole this freaking clown is!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/u...ground-checks/

WASHINGTON – Arizona gun show dealers sold firearms to undercover cops who openly admitted they wouldn't be able to pass a background check, according to a revealing operation conducted by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office.

The report, obtained by the New York Times, detailed multiple instances where dealers at Arizona gun shows sold weapons -- legally -- to buyers who confided that they probably weren't fit under the law to own a firearm.

Two undercover New York cops told their respective dealers, "I probably couldn’t pass a background check," but were sold guns anyway. A third official bought a Glock pistol along with two high-capacity ammunition magazines, which were used by 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner in the Tucson killings.

The revelation came three weeks after a shooting spree in Tucson killed six and wounded thirteen, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), exposing a significant gap in gun laws and shedding light on long-running efforts by local and national lawmakers to close the "gun show loophole" that permits such actions.

Although prospective gun buyers are required to pass a federal background check when purchasing from a licensed retailer, private and unlicensed sellers can legally pawn off their firearms at gun shows without vetting their customers.

A bill introduced this month by Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-NY) would close the loophole, but its prospects remain uncertain. In 2009, Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) tried and failed to pass a similar measure.

Gun control activists in recent years tried and failed to push the idea, a testament to the pro-gun lobby, which has vastly outspent its adversaries in lobbying Congress. The National Rifle Association maintains that no gun show loophole exists.

Bloomberg, a staunch advocate for stricter gun laws, enlisted allies following the Tucson shootings to release ads pressuring Congress to act on the issue. One of Bloomberg's past media campaigns has sought to close the gun show loophole.

The Times offered one revealing transcript from the undercover report, where an investigator bought a pistol at a Phoenix gun show:

Investigator: “So, you’re not one of those, you know, dealer guys, right?”
    Seller: “No. No tax, no form, you don’t have to do transfers or nothing.”
    Investigator: “Yeah, yeah.”
    Seller: “Just see an Arizona ID and that's it with me.”
    Investigator: “So no background check?”
    Seller: “No.”
    Investigator: “That's good, because I probably couldn’t pass one, you know what I mean?”
    The gun was sold for $500.
    Oh and lastly ... where did these NY cops get Arizona IDs from?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Idiot Bloomberg at it again

I'm finding it very hard to not wish bad things happen to this man,my upbringing is being severly tested. Just sayin'.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Centre County)

Honestly, I don't care if someone told me "I probably couldn't pass a background check". I care if they actually do pass or not.

And now we have Bloomberg admitting, on record, to illegal expenditures of public funds. I'm certain NYC doesn't have jurisdiction in Arizona.

ETA:
    Since the initial posting, Bloomberg has supposedly stated that the "investigators" were AZ residents who did nothing illegal. In this case, I apologize to Mr. Bloomberg for accusing him of corruption, which is now baseless. However, since these investigators didn't do anything illegal, i fail to see the problem.
    Last edited by legendarylorot; January 31st, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Did you notice that all of the times he gets on about guns comes right after the press gets on him for failing at his job? Could he be doing this all to deflect the press? DUH

(Luzerne County)

WHY doesnt that idiot spend some money to flush out all the corruption and illegal POLITICAL operations going on in that shit ass city of his instead ???

BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKIN IDIOT..

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    WHY doesnt that idiot spend some money to flush out all the corruption and illegal POLITICAL operations going on in that shit ass city of his instead ???

BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKIN IDIOT..
    He is on a crusade, i heard the the conversation on the local am news coming home from work in my car a little while ago. They had it all on tape recording (the sale ) I am curious how this is going to play out for the rest of us.
    Not good for the gun show venders that do the right thing, it seems he is out of his jurisdiction. bad part is he is a billionaire, and has alot of money to entertain this. We definitly did not need this attention.