Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Exclamation White House to Push Gun Control

Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/27/w...n-control.html

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: White House to Push Gun Control

I also put this on the Last post of Lawrence O'Donnell (MSNBC) Calls for Gun Restrictions...But I thought this news needed its own Thread...

(Butler County)

If it is focused on ensuring that people with mental illnesses are denied access to deadly weapons then I am interested to hear the proposal.

I would prefer to see more focus on diagnosing and treating mental illness vs. some knee jerk reaction that might result in denying someone's 2A right because they talked to a marriage counselor though.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    If it is focused on ensuring that people with mental illnesses are denied access to deadly weapons then I am interested to hear the proposal.

I would prefer to see more focus on diagnosing and treating mental illness vs. some knee jerk reaction that might result in denying someone's 2A right because they talked to a marriage counselor though.
    Well thought out... I also do not want this to be a White House Push to deny firearms to returning Vets..Just because they have been diagnosed with PTSD...This diagnosis is being used as a catch all to describe numerous symptoms..( without the later Ramifications being fully known by our Vets)

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    Well thought out... I also do not want this to be a White House Push to deny firearms to returning Vets..Just because they have been diagnosed with PTSD...This diagnosis is being used as a catch all to describe numerous symptoms..( without the later Ramifications being fully known by our Vets)
    No doubt. My BIL (army scout 1st Sgt) says it is already extremely difficult to get a returning soldier to admit to any PTSD. Tack on the possibility of losing their 2A rights and it will be completely impossible.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Schuylkill County)

Anyone who disagrees with Obama is obviously insane and should not have a gun. Obamacare can make sure everyone gets "tested". In the NICS check you will need a disclaimer from your mandatory government doctor that you are not insane.

(Beaver County)

What part of "shall not be infringed" isn't getting through to these people? A lot of people (antis mostly) feel like the founding fathers would have never incorporated this had they known what we would have access to these days. I propose that to not be the case; they wrote it to put the average citizen on equal ground with the government. The government has created a gap that has gotten wider and wider through the years with unconstitutional legislation, and in this day and time, we the people are nowhere near on par with government. They didn't see the future, and think "Our armies will have battle tanks, we'll have an air force with flying machines of death" etc. To me, "shall not be infringed" means exactly that. Don't mess with it, don't try to classify people with "mental deficiencies", don't permanently punish people who have paid their debts to society. It's ridiculous, and we, the people, let it happen, and keep letting it happen.

(Luzerne County)

Thumbs down Re: White House to Push Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Anyone who disagrees with Obama is obviously insane and should not have a gun. Obamacare can make sure everyone gets "tested". In the NICS check you will need a disclaimer from your mandatory government doctor that you are not insane.
    This sounds like the kind of "common sense" gun laws this administration would support.

(Philadelphia County)

As gun owners, and smart people, we owe it to our community to come with something a little better than, "don't touch our guns!" No one is going to propose that someone who has attended voluntary therapy, or been on an anti-depressant not be allowed to have a gun. However, it's probably fair that someone with a history of 302's, even if that person thinks they were just "mix-ups," be evaluated more closely.

Also, putting aside the "slippery slope" argument, how necessary are hi-cap mags? I'm not endorsing a ban, I'm simply asking that people try to honestly evaluate the need for that particular functionality. The argument has become so polarized, that people on both sides really sound like a bunch of irrational idiots.

(Cumberland County)

If we accept that guns as history has shown are necessary to allow people to retain contro of their government then we must accept that all accessories are also necessary, hi cap mags and all. If the government who would wish to subjugate you has it, so should you.
    MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast