Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Requirements to buy AR15?

Quote Originally Posted by reb. View Post
    I am looking to purchase an AR15 here shortly, but am unsure on what the requirements are?

I was in a little trouble when I was 18 but have been fine since (no felonies, no violent crimes.) I don't want to go somewhere and try to buy one only to be declined and look like an idiot. I was young and dumb, looking to hopefully get my old lady into shooting so we can both go to the range!

Thanks!
    Other people had beaten me to the PA state background check comment. But here's the link to that site anyway.

https://epatch.state.pa.us/RecordChe...2D2?action=new

AR 15s are great guns. My girl (whom never shot before) absolutely loved shooting my AR. It doesn't kick all that much and is just a fun gun to mess around with. Plus, there are so many options.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why would you choose an AR as your first firearm? Have you ever handled any firearms before?
    I would choose an AR as my first purchase because it seems like a very versatile gun, you can go many different directions with an AR. and also WHY NOT? Yes i have shot a few AR's, my stepfather as well as a few co-workers have AR's. I have shot few different .357 mags. along with your common 12ga. shotguns, I personally use a 270 win as a deer rifle that is my grandfathers for hunting in cameron county pa. I've shot a buddies 9mm pistol, as well as another friends .40 S&W MP. I've shot a few different guns in my time, like I stated before an AR15 is a great gun, why wouldn't you choose it? I am WELL AWARE of safe handling of fire arms, this past (rifle) deer season I passed up an 8pt. because I didn't want to shoot towards the crest of a hill. I personally would rather be safe, than sorry.

... also please leave your biblical crap behind, I didn't ask to hear it and frankly don't care about it.
    Last edited by reb.; January 31st, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reb. View Post
    I would choose an AR as my first purchase because it seems like a very versatile gun, you can go many different directions with an AR. and also WHY NOT? Yes i have shot a few AR's, my stepfather as well as a few co-workers have AR's. I have shot few different .357 mags. along with your common 12ga. shotguns, I personally use a 270 win as a deer rifle that is my grandfathers for hunting in cameron county pa. I've shot a buddies 9mm pistol, as well as another friends .40 S&W MP. I've shot a few different guns in my time, like I stated before an AR15 is a great gun, why wouldn't you choose it? I am WELL AWARE of safe handling of fire arms, this past (rifle) deer season I passed up an 8pt. because I didn't want to shoot towards the crest of a hill. I personally would rather be safe, than sorry.

... also please leave your biblical crap behind, I didn't ask to hear it and frankly don't care about it.
    Don't get riled up about the question, it wasn't meant as an insult or intimation of complete lack of knowledge. The AR can be a complicated weapon if you haven't any firearm experience. Some people get it in their head because they used one on xBox that they can work the gun. He was only trying to find out what you know before you made a mistake is all. Honestly, I thought the same thing but didn't say anything. You wouldn't be the first person to come to a gun forum asking about a weapon that is beyond their abilities. But as it turns out you have some background and I'm sure we're all glad for that. The AR is a great firearm and I wish everyone owned one, well, almost everyone. I don't want my ex having one. She's still pissed.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Butler County)

[QUOTE=RandomTask;1479997]Money.....[/QUOTE

Quite a bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Yep - a good .22 bolt action as a trainer might first be in order. And a good NASB Bible.
    Acchh, your both daft!

NIV bible wont steer you wrong!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12