Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Any special maintenance required when reaching 2000 rounds for a Glock?

So I am very close to approaching 2000 rounds through my Glock 19 Gen 3 which I've had now since June of 2010. I was wondering if there is any special maintenance I should be considering at 2000 rounds. So far I do a basic field strip and cleaning after every range session. I was wondering if 2000 rounds required a more detailed field strip and cleaning or perhaps consider replacing some parts. If 2000 rounds is not the time for anything but the basic field strip and cleaning, then what round count is recommended for more than a basic field strip and cleaning and perhaps replacing some parts?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Any special maintenance required when reaching 2000 rounds for a Glock?

no. Wait until 5000 then change the recoil spring assembly and trigger return spring (total cost ~$10).

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Any special maintenance required when reaching 2000 rounds for a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    no. Wait until 5000 then change the recoil spring assembly and trigger return spring (total cost ~$10).
    Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for.

(Philadelphia County)

I would breakdown the pistol and give it a complete cleaning.

(Allegheny County)

Detail/strip cleaning would be a good idea at this point. It's recommended about once a year either way. Make sure to clean the striker channel, and extractor/cut real good while you have it apart. Inspect all pins, locking block, etc for abnormal wear or cracking.
    If you've run a lot of +p or +p+ ammo through it, then do the springs as a preventive measure in addition to the above. Otherwise hold off on springs until about the 3500-5k round count.

(York County)

Like the previous poster said, I would wait until at least 5,000 before doing basic maintenance (springs, etc.). I have gone 1500 rounds without cleaning one of my Glocks before. (Not my carry gun, a range gun)

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Delaware County)

I heard you run it through the dishwasher....
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    I heard you run it through the dishwasher....
    Funny that you say that someone on YouTube has already posted a video doing so!

(Chester County)

I've seen more than a few Glocks go 15k or better without anything more than some a bore-snake, a nylon bush, and more lube.

I've done about 2k between basic cleanings before.

As noted above, trigger spring and the recoil spring are all you should consider doing in the future.

(Erie County)

Sell it, and get a 1911!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast