Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Cool Thinking About An AR 15 Stock Upgrade

My wife has been bugging me about a present for my B-Day...(Heck at my age I don't need a whole lot...) So I was thinking about an upgraded stock on my M&P 15t.. What do you all have?? What Do you all Want?? What do you all need (Ha Ha)?? Have you found or heard about any real pros or cons of a certain Stock Option.. Thanks...

(Erie County)

Default Re: Thinking About An AR 15 Stock Upgrade

I guess it depends on what you already have. I'm getting the basic M4, 6 position, adjustable.
    How about asking for a good optic or laser? I like the Eotech, but they are pricey.
    Or maybe some extra mags, or ammo, that's something you always need.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Allegheny County)

I have a Magpul CTR and an ACS.
    The CTR is lighter, but its smaller dimensions dont give the niiiiice cheekweld that the ACS does.
    They both have friction locks, and if mortaring the gun is something that may be on your list of concerns you should be alright without needing to compact the stock like the stock ones.
    Beyond weight the ACS also needs an adapter for a QR sling mount, it has a bottom loop to thread a sling in but the side mounts (that I prefer) need an additional part.

The "MOE" stocks look like the CTR, but without the friction lock I dont see them adding any functionality to the gun over the stock parts.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Thinking About An AR 15 Stock Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    My wife has been bugging me about a present for my B-Day...(Heck at my age I don't need a whole lot...) So I was thinking about an upgraded stock on my M&P 15t.. What do you all have?? What Do you all Want?? What do you all need (Ha Ha)?? Have you found or heard about any real pros or cons of a certain Stock Option.. Thanks...
    I run a Vltor clubfoot on mine.

Primarily because I put an EMOD on my POF-415, and when I took the clubfoot off it, I then put it on my M&P.

That said, it's a GREAT stock. I have an MOE, CTR, & Ace ARF-X on my other rifles - they're all great stocks, DEPENDING on what you NEED them for.

In this case, the clubfoot's not TOO heavy, even when loaded with CR123 batteries!

(Lehigh County)

I have a magpul CTR:http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/83

Nice stock not overly expensive and rather lite. Others are available the MOE is very similar without the friction lock and a bit cheaper. Also much more expensive ones but this works well in my opinion.

(Perry County)

I built my 3-gun AR with an M4 stock and did not like it, hard to get a cheek weld with an optic (or even with irons). First I got an A2 stock and liked it a lot. Then I got a Magpul CTR and liked it. However, I like the A2 better and it is back on. If I had a reason for an adjustable stock I'd use the CTR, but the A2 fits me just fine.

(Beaver County)

I like the Magpul MOE and CTR stocks.I have 2 (MOE'S) on 2 of my AR builds,and intend to use a CTR on my next build.I have an ATI on my 5.39 x45build but have not had a chance to shoot that one yet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I run a Vltor clubfoot on mine.

Primarily because I put an EMOD on my POF-415, and when I took the clubfoot off it, I then put it on my M&P.

That said, it's a GREAT stock. I have an MOE, CTR, & Ace ARF-X on my other rifles - they're all great stocks, DEPENDING on what you NEED them for.

In this case, the clubfoot's not TOO heavy, even when loaded with CR123 batteries!
    great stocks, the only thing I would note is that those teeth are not friendly to facial hair (ouch!).

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I guess it depends on what you already have. I'm getting the basic M4, 6 position, adjustable.
    How about asking for a good optic or laser? I like the Eotech, but they are pricey.
    Or maybe some extra mags, or ammo, that's something you always need.
    Thank you for your reply...i have done a lot of work to my Stock Smith & Wesson MP.. I have an Eo Tec 512 for Optics,Timney trigger, Battle Comp1.0 Break,Spikes tactical T2 Heavy buffer....I mostly use this setup for 3 gun shoots...( I did some Landscaping for a friend who was in need of some work, and only charged him for Materials...He returned the Favor and bought me a Spikes Tactical Nickle Boron BCG...)So I wanted to ask if there were any advantages to changing out my stock Stock...

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Thinking About An AR 15 Stock Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    great stocks, the only thing I would note is that those teeth are not friendly to facial hair (ouch!).
    DON'T remind me...

I'm thinking a strip of electrical tape might help...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast