Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Cobray .410's, tell me about them

Local shop has them for $95.

Was thinking about one to keep in the truck with a box of shells. Does anyone have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with them?

Pics are a bonus!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Cobray .410's, tell me about them

No experience,but where's the shop? I was always interested in the little SXSs. There's a little interest going on about these on the Firing Line forum if you don't get a response here.
    Last edited by KevininPa; February 8th, 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: sp

(Northumberland County)

I have handled the leinard? .410 double barrel. My brother has one but it's worth no more that 100 beans. I'll try to get pics today if I can.

(Jefferson County)

I used to own (2) of the SxS Cobray/FMJ/Lienad 45/410 derringers before they were stolen. I presently have a kit, minus sideplates, to make another.

The edges often had burs then needed filed. Trigger pull isn't the best, but isn't the worst I've ever tried. One drawback is having to manually select the chamber. I shimmed my hinge pin between the sideplates and the underlug so it wouldn't flop around like a dead fish when opened.

I wish I still had those guns because they were perfect for a "fishing" gun. Cheap so you wouldn't care so much if you lost it in a muddy river, but if you had to dispatch a critter it would perform.

Recoil isn't unless you're wuss, even with 3" .410's. With it'd birds-head grip it would roll up in your hand if you didn't grip it tight, but it wouldn't jar your wrist like a .454 Casull will do.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Shop would be Eagle Arms. They'll get 10 of them in a shipment and sell them out in a week. Im on the list next time they get a case in.

I think it just looks cool to stash in the spare tire well in the car with a box of .410 shells. For $95 its worth it to just pick one up. I've pissed away more money on less practical guns believe it or not lol.

I've shot a couple of them and as said the trigger is crap. I would not want one for SD but as a woods carry for snakes or to keep for fishing, they are OK. Less recoil than I expected, even with a .45. At 10 feet with a .410 using 8 shot it covered a 3 foot circle. I don't have any use for one, but I can understand someone wanting one and using one.