Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GonzoGeezer

(Monroe County)

Default Re: GonzoGeezer

Had a deal with gentlemen today, pleasure to deal with!!
    "If I had six hours to cut down a tree, I would take four hours sharpening my axe" Abraham Lincoln

(Allegheny County)

I live on the other side of the state from Lee. I bought a pistol from Lee that had to be shipped to a local FFL for transfer, so no chance for me to inspect ahead of time. The exterior of the pistol was just as clean as the photos Lee posted of it. However, upon disassembly, the barrel was found to be heavily fouled. I PMed Lee about this and he responded he never noticed it and provided some suggestions on how to clean it. When I replied that I wasn't sure how he missed this fact and felt it should have been pointed out in the description he replied the following:

"I tell you in all honesty I do not remember studying the bore, I don't recall ever using the bore light on it. I took it to the range a few times, and ran the bore snake through it when I got back. I only disassembled the gun maybe two times, the recoil spring isn't captured and it's a bit of a chore to reassemble it.

I'm sorry if the cosmetics of the barrel are disappointing, but I never noticed it, it certainly didn't seem to affect performance for the few rounds I ran through it. "

Not sure how someone disassembles a gun to photo it for sale and doesn't bother to check the barrel for condition, nor how a fouled barrel equates to a cosmetic feature, but I would make sure if doing a non FTF deal to get a 3 day inspection/return guarantee. Surprises like this really sour a deal.

(Dauphin County)

Mark's comments above require a response from me.

A factory-new barrel does not get fouled from under 200 rounds of FMJ being fired through it. I suppose it's possible that Canik (the Turkish manufacturer) might have used some sort of protectant in the bore as part of their shipping procedure that Tristar (the importer) and I (the initial buyer) didn't remove properly and it may have hardened as a result of the rounds fired through it. If so, I missed it. The topic never came up in the 17 PMs we exchanged over almost two weeks while he went back-and-forth over whether to buy the gun. And he never asked about a three-day examination, or the condition of the bore. I offered two suggestions to clean the bore, one of which I have used successfully myself on old pistols, but he seems more interested in complaining than dealing with the problem and moving on.

I believe Mark is suffering from buyer's remorse and simply wants the sale never to have happened. It's not about a dirty bore, which can be cleaned. I think it is because he expected something different from what he got. And the implication that I cheated him, implied in the PMs received after he received the gun, is unexpected and unacceptable.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    he seems more interested in complaining than dealing with the problem and moving on.
    At least you admit that there was a problem with the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    And the implication that I cheated him, implied in the PMs received after he received the gun, is unexpected and unacceptable.
    For the record, here are my PMs to Lee after I received the gun. Please do point out where I implied that you cheated me in any way, shape or form:

First:
    Stopped down after work tonight and picked up the C100. Interesting gun. Wanted to ask what type of ammo you were shooting in it? I put a light down the barrel and it looks leaded. Were you shooting straight lead out of this?

Second:
    The grooves are all gray like they are leaded. I ran a brush and some patches through it and it cleaned up some, but is still pretty bad in the edges where the lands and grooves meet.

Third:
    Whether it was this way when you bought it, or whatever it takes for me to have to clean it, it is just hard to believe you didn't notice how bad this barrel was the last time it was cleaned and mention it in the ad. I don't know about you but I hate surprises like this.

Last:
    Whatever. It is mine now so I will clean up the mess. Should teach me to be more careful when buying online vs FTF.

I do not have buyer's remorse and other than the fouled barrel am quite happy with this purchase. In fact, can you point out in any of my PMs above where I even hinted at sending it back to you for a refund? My complaint then is the same as now - you missed pointing out something obvious that should have been stated in the listing. And did you even apologize for missing it (other than the condescending remark about not being happy with the "cosmetics" of the barrel)?

What I hate is SURPRISES. Maybe you like them but I don't.

I am done with this.
    Last edited by unlisted2; January 23rd, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

(Monroe County)

Picked up a holster from Lee. Better than described, looks pretty much new!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Met up with Lee today at Cabelas and made a deal with him. Very easy to deal with super accommodating and all Altoona nice guy.

Thanks again!

(Bucks County)

Default GonzoGeezer

I had a great trade deal with GonzoGeezer. I traded Lee my SIG P320 Compact for his Walther PPQ M2 with 4 mags. Lee was kind enough to drive an hour and a half to meet with me at the FFL. Lee is a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend anyone doing a deal with him.

Lee, thanks again! I love this PPQ.

-Phil

(Chester County)

Great transaction today with Mr. GonzoGeezer. I would not hesitate to buy from him again!

(York County)

Super seller here on Pafoa - Thanks again!
    Every day's a Saturday

(Lehigh County)

did a deal with Lee today. It all went well and he was a good guy to deal with. We had time to discuss Walthers and Swiss rifles too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast