Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 357 sig pistols

(Northampton County)

Default 357 sig pistols

Just want to here from members who have owned a p226 sig or p250 in 357 sig.
    I currently have a glock 31 in 357 sig love the caliber ,but I hate the glock trigger system. I sold the glock which by the way was 100 percent reliable ,never had a failure of any kind. I am interested in getting another 357 sig caliber pistol and I think that the sig platform may be the way to go for me. give me some feedback please.

(York County)

Default Re: 357 sig pistols

I HAD a Sig P229 in .357 Sig, initially the gun was great. The pin that holds the firing pin broke, the springs in the trigger mechanism wore out quick. A loose hammer and light primer strikes drove me to sell it. Maybe mine was a defect that made it through QC, but it totally turned me off. Too bad you don't like Glocks, a 32 with a 3.5# connector is my buddy's favorite Glock.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the reply thats just what I wanted to hear how yours worked out. Unfortunately I didnot like the glock, had my trigger swapped out as well and still didnot care for it. As I said gun function was flawless and it found a new home with someone who loves glocks. I bought the glock just to try out 357 sig caliber and found that I love that 357 sig round. Now I just have to find a pistol to suit my needs.I know FNP series pistols came in 357 sig and I could get one in
    a S&W M&P series pistols also. I have shot a s&w 40 cal M&P pistol it was okay.
    I have an older sig P6 that I have never had a problem with thats why I was interested in hearing from owners of newer sig products.

(Bucks County)

hey i have a sig p229 .40cal i also have a .357 sig barrel for it. it takes less than 30 seconds to switch and still uses the same mags. i love it and i brought this gun used and the numebrs date it to 2003 and it functions flawlessly. there are always good and bad of all guns. i brought a used kel tec p3at and have fired over 300 rds through it and haven't had any failures with that either and those guns are known for problems. just take care of what you get and it will return the favor.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for your input,I am leaning toward the P226 because I want a fullsize pistol, but the pricing on the P250 fullsize is very reasonable .

Another vote for the P229 in .357 SIG. I have an older "classic" model that is one of my main carries, plus a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel for it, as well. I wish I could say good things about the 250 from personal experience, but I've heard some stories about less-than-stellar performance issues.

Too bad you don't like Glocks, a 32 with a 3.5# connector is my buddy's favorite Glock.
    Yep. With all the aftermarket and OE Glock parts available you have options. The $.25 trigger job is supposed to make a noticeable improvement and shaves almost a pound off some guys trigger pull.

(Monroe County)

I have 2 p229 in 357 sig. I have shot about 2,000 rounds through them and love them. They are a real favorite.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Mercer County)

I have one of the first P229s that came off the assembly line...I had the pistol for about 6 months before the Federal factory ammo became available for .357 SIG.

I have shot about 3K rounds through this pistol and it has been 100% reliable.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluehen59 View Post
    I HAD a Sig P229 in .357 Sig, initially the gun was great. The pin that holds the firing pin broke, the springs in the trigger mechanism wore out quick. A loose hammer and light primer strikes drove me to sell it. Maybe mine was a defect that made it through QC, but it totally turned me off.
    That's not totally unusual. 357sig is a harsh, high pressure round that tends to beat the shit out of the guns it's chambered in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast