Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Elk County)

Default Indiana Co Bow and Gun Show, S & T Bank Arena, Indiana, PA

NEW LOCATION -- 180 Tables

Sat 9 am - 5 pm, Sun- 9 am - 4 pm.

S & T Bank Ice Arena

497 East Pike Road, Indiana, PA 15701.

Adults $5, Children 12 & under, Free w/adult. Youth 13-18, $2.

Children receive a free chance. Gun Raffle: Sunday at 3 PM, Adult Rifle-S & W I-Bolt 30.06, Children Rifle- Rossi Trifecta 3 -- barrel set. Winners to obey all gun laws & regulations. Register for your Free Raffle Ticket. Portion of Admission to Hunt of a Lifetime. Food & Refreshments available.

724-463-3911.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Indiana Co Bow and Gun Show, S & T Bank Arena, Indiana, PA

I just finished setting up at this show. Lots of venders with a diverse selection of stuff (Gun and archery stuff; not flea market crap.) WIDE isles and lots of room to move. For anyone who's ever been to this show in the past, you know how crowded and packed this show can get.

Stop by and say "HI" if you can. I'll be at the Highland Arms tables.

Thanks for posting this Noah.

(Elk County)

Good to see you as always, SG! Seemed you were pretty busy this AM, I hope it wasn't just a bunch of tirekickers.

As for the show, there were some tableholders who set up only at this show, and they had some stuff that you don't see on the weekly Western PA funshow circuit. I did find a used SIG P6 at one dealer; it was in an old wooden framed glass display case with a bunch of other handguns, all of them not price tagged. I asked to see the P6 and it was clean except for the usual wear to the slide. So I asked how much and he said $220 OTD. Yep, Two Hundred Twenty and 00/100 Dollars, including two genuine zipper-spine SIG mags. That was a no-brainer, I don't care what you say, right there.

My traveling partner scored an Imbel FAL kit that was walking in the door when we were leaving. $200, and happy with that.

Saw a few wrecks on the way home, avoided a couple ourselves. Good trip.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Nice find on then Sig P6. Speaking of Sigs; did you see the NIB P220? The guy "ONLY" wanted $1295.00 for it. I asked him about it and he informed me they go for a whole lot more! The only thing I snagged was a really nice Lithgow No.1 Mk III for a decent price.

Glad you got home safe. See you at Monroeville next week?

(Indiana County)

For anyone thinking of checking out this show in the future, my thoughts:

Having local dealers with small home based shops makes for some nice deals. I had to ask for some small parts I was after, but pretty much found what I was after.
    My buddy picked up a Herters .22 revolver for $75.
    A Ramline Ruger MKII 14 rnd mag for $5.
    Boxes of Federal .40S&W were priced at $15.
    A Hakim with a beautiful bore and very nice overall was priced @ $475.
    .30 Carbines for around $600, and a few non-imports I noticed for $650 or so at the Highland Arms table.

Limited vendors with AR trinkets was a bit of a downer.

There were some of the usual big money dealers set up that price their stuff for the crowds near Philly, nothing to see there, just move along.
    The PGCA old timers that have been lugging the same guns to shows since the old Green Gate mall days stayed home, made the browsing a bit easier.

Parking (with snow involved combined with idiots that cannot fathom that taking up three spaces is just ignorant) can be a bit stressful to say the least. One half of the show building was being used for youth hockey so that only added to the parking "problems".

Overall a very good "sleeper" show, we have quite a few small dealers/collectors/gunsmiths in the area that set up at this show and the new venue makes it worth checking out.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    . . . Having local dealers with small home based shops makes for some nice deals . . .

There were some of the usual big money dealers set up that price their stuff for the SEPA crowds, nothing to see there, just move along. The PGCA old timers that have been lugging the same guns to shows since the old Green Gate mall days stayed home, made the browsing a bit easier . . .

Overall a very good "sleeper" show, we have quite a few small dealers/collectors/gunsmiths in the area that set up at this show and the new venue makes it worth checking out.

^^^ What Flathead said. Mark your calendars for next year.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Indiana County)

I went Sunday morning because I forgot when the show was this year-Duh.

Seemed that any good ammo deals were gone by then.

Thought I was going to make it out without dropping any major coin until I hit ScotsGuards' table.( I really need payday to come now!) Anyhow, I enjoyed talking with him and picked up a really clean addition to my collection at a fair price. Too bad some of the other dealers had "unobtainium" prices on rather common pieces- some dude had $795 on a well worn early 1960's S&W model 36. Said they were "rare"-Really-Smith's most popular J frame is rare?

Really like the setup at the Ice Center Vs. the crammed in, can't move around coziness at the old.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA