Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Where do people in MontCo go to buy guns?

I realize I'm 2yrs late on this thread but I'm new here and spending countless hours sifting through awesome info...
    That place on Germantown pike " going away from hell hole of norristown" is Guns Inc. in trapp. Next to a new Truvalue hardware. A guy Sam is there all the time and very helpful as well as a master gunsmith. They have lots of new new firearms and a bunch of AR's. I think they just got their class3 and producing lower receivers. He's also a fan of gunbroker.com and prices compareable. Really a respectable place and treat people how you would expect. I

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5Boyders View Post
    I realize I'm 2yrs late on this thread but I'm new here and spending countless hours sifting through awesome info...
    That place on Germantown pike " going away from hell hole of norristown" is Guns Inc. in trapp. Next to a new Truvalue hardware. A guy Sam is there all the time and very helpful as well as a master gunsmith. They have lots of new new firearms and a bunch of AR's. I think they just got their class3 and producing lower receivers. He's also a fan of gunbroker.com and prices compareable. Really a respectable place and treat people how you would expect. I
    And I'm 4 months behind you, but am extremely appreciative of your post. I drove right past Guns Inc. yesterday on my way to Norristown (Insite Firearms) and never even knew it was there. Would have love to have stopped in Trappe instead. Very much looking forward to checking them out.

Thanks again.

(Montgomery County)

I wasn't even aware of the shop in Trappe might stop in for a few minutes to check it out. There is another shop in Norristown called Treeline Sports it's about 1.5 miles down the street from Insite Firearms (good people also)on West Main Street near the 7/11. I haven't been there in a while but the owner was cool and respectable and had a decent little selections. Grabbed some ammo and misc stuff many moons ago.

Has anyone checked out Modern Tactical in Lansdale? It's down the street from me but I haven't had the time to check it out yet.

OP, driving all the way down to Chadds Ford to shot seems a little excessive when their are numerous other ranges a lot closer in the area. Just a heads up.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by adoddere View Post
    I moved here from Western PA several months ago. I've since gone back twice to Washington, PA (Ace Sporting Goods) to buy handguns. Any of you familiar with Ace know they have unbelievable selection and pricing.

In any event, I figured finding something similar on the westside of Philly would be a snap. I visited the dealer in Norristown and the shop is slightly bigger than my garage with very little selection. I joined Targetmaster in Chadd's Ford for shooting. They have a decent selection, but the pricing is typically considerably higher than Ace.

Is there a place out there I'm overlooking?
    Tanners in Jamison, Claytons in Horsham and French Creek Outfitters in Pheonixville.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123