Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W Model 60

(Armstrong County)

Smile S&W Model 60

Does anyone own a Model 60? I just put one on layaway, kind of a spur of the moment thing. How is the grouping with a 3" barrel?
    http://www.rawles.to/patriots.htm Everyone in America needs to read this book!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: S&W Model 60

i own one and just put a second one on layaway today. Great guns!! Accurate as all hell out to 15 yards with a 2 1/8" barrel.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by 814RuttinBuck View Post
    Does anyone own a Model 60? I just put one on layaway, kind of a spur of the moment thing. How is the grouping with a 3" barrel?
    Look kinda like this:

Have had mine for 20 years, and love its great trigger, smooth, refined action, feels great in the hand, full length extractor rod, nice for CC...

As for accuracy, If it's anything like my 3" model 60, it's more accurate than I can hold...

Shot from a rest, and other loads I make and shoot are similar, to even a bit better. I'm a crappy, flichy shot, and in the hands of a good shooter, I do believe it could be nearly a one holer. I think you will really enjoy owning and shooting your new model 60.
    Last edited by Guns N'at; March 11th, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Most guns will outshoot the shooter, the model 60 is no different. The 3 inch makes for a great carry gun, as it is my preferred barrel length for a defense revolver. Buy with confidence and be prepared to bu some snap caps and lots of ammo. I advise you to do all of your shooting double action only (I remove the spurs on the hammers of my carry revolvers, no need for them). Practice, practice and then practice some more.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Fulton County)

I got a 60-15 for Christmas, and love it..... gun is way better than I am. I have shot about 100 rounds with it, from .38's to full load magnums and it is great. You will not be sorry!

(Armstrong County)

Awesome, I can't wait to pick it up! First I was looking at a Ruger SP101, till I felt how butter smooth the action was on the Smith...I couldn't resist! The adjustable rear sight, nice grips, and hi-vis front sight also helped make the decision for me.
    http://www.rawles.to/patriots.htm Everyone in America needs to read this book!!!