Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CC in church?

(Dauphin County)

Default CC in church?

Hey all,

New member here. Been reading the posts for the past two months and have greatly appreciated the reading.

I'm fairly new to cc'ing and but have found that a pancake style holster at 3:30ish works well.

With that in mind, I dress differently when attending a church service or something formal, ie wedding, dinner, etc. Often, a pancake style holster will not cut it.

How do the rest of you adjust for such situations? shoulder rig, iwb, deep carry?

Thanks!

rallen

(York County)

Default Re: CC in church?

I don't cc 24hrs a day, so I never felt the need to have my weapon in church, or at a wedding or most formal functions. Basically if my Kydex paddel holster won't work with what I'm wearing I don't carry that day.

(Philadelphia County)

The decision to carry is yours alone. Mindset dictates that decision.

Personally, i carry everywhere.

When a glock 19 on my belt won't cut it, i use an galco ankle glove and my glock 26. Personally, i usually just make a decision not to remove my suit jacket.

Several options:

Dress around the gun.
    Dark clothing helps to hide the weapon. Prints work to hide as well. In this day and age of cell phones and pagers, most likely no one will give a bulge around the belt line a thought.

Change where you carry.
    I sometimes carry crossdraw; I went to dinner one night in a sport coat and the jacket would open enough to show the gun. I had to be careful of how I moved and sat. I have since found it easier to carry strongside when I where a sport coat. Went out to dinner this past Thanksgiving and carried a Kahr CW9 strongside in a Don Hume JIT. No one noticed.
    I was out and about yesterday with the Kahr CW9 in the JIT, but worn crossdraw, covered by a shirt and a leather coat. On my strongside I carried a SIG 229 in 357 SIG. Again no one noticed.

Pocket carry.
    I keep a 642 in my trouser pocket.

I find shoulder holsters uncomfortable.

Ankle holster
    I have used an Apache from time to time, it takes getting used to and it is slow to get at. It would be handy if the fight was on the ground.

Find your comfort zone.

Rick

(Allegheny County)

If I must dress in a way that won't allow concealment on my hip, I use my Galco Ankle Glove to carry a Colt Pony(.380)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Either my standard P-11 IWB or I'll occasionally step down to a .380 in the pants pocket.

(Lawrence County)

IWB works, I just move it to 4 or 5 o'clock and keep my jacket on...
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Delaware County)

I will leave the XD-45 secured in the vehicle but will carry either my Taurus PT-145 in a Smart-Carry or my Kel-Tec 3AT in a pocket holster.

I have to attend a funeral of a close family member this week and of course will be wearing a suit. IWB would conceal perfectly fine but unfortunately I can nearly guarantee that I will have to endure a dozen or more hugs from relatives and close friends, etc. My carry decisions are a private matter and only my wife, adult son and my brothers know that I carry. I don't need so old lady saying out load -- oh my what is that?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    I will leave the XD-45 secured in the vehicle but will carry either my Taurus PT-145 in a Smart-Carry or my Kel-Tec 3AT in a pocket holster.

I have to attend a funeral of a close family member this week and of course will be wearing a suit. IWB would conceal perfectly fine but unfortunately I can nearly guarantee that I will have to endure a dozen or more hugs from relatives and close friends, etc. My carry decisions are a private matter and only my wife, adult son and my brothers know that I carry. I don't need so old lady saying out load -- oh my what is that?
    Well, if your packing in your smart carry, you might get a very different reaction from the old lady.

(Allegheny County)

I like my Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster if I can't carry anything else.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast