Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Can our President carry a gun??

Ronald Reagan carried a 1911 every day that he was POTUS. I drew Security Detail for AF1 a couple of times at Norton AFB in San Bernardino and have seen it IWB on his right hip. The Secret Service guys all said it gave his personal security detail guys fits. They approved of his wanting to , but wanted him to leave it unloaded as it was one more thing for them to worry about. I heard once that as a 'olive branch' he agreed to carry it Condition Two. I can't say if that is true or not. I tend to believe it was not true and that he carried in Condition One. I do know that he was a better shot than a lot of the guys I worked with. He shot with the Secret Service all the time. They have a range in the basement of the White House in the tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    President of the United States is also Commander in Chief of the military.(even though some are not qualified for that task) That title should be enough to permit him/her to carry if they so choose.
    JMHO

Plinker
    I don't think so. I don't give a flying f--k what his title is. He has no more rights than anybody else. If he wants to carry, he should have to jump through hoops to get a CC permit or LTCF for wherever he goes, just like every other citizen.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

Wink Re: Can our President carry a gun??

MAY he? Probably.

WOULD he? Welllll... in CURRENT circumstances... probably NOT...

(Allegheny County)

id love to see heim carry and some big bellied southern sheriff arrest him for it.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Ronald Reagan carried a 1911 every day that he was POTUS. I drew Security Detail for AF1 a couple of times at Norton AFB in San Bernardino and have seen it IWB on his right hip. The Secret Service guys all said it gave his personal security detail guys fits. They approved of his wanting to , but wanted him to leave it unloaded as it was one more thing for them to worry about. I heard once that as a 'olive branch' he agreed to carry it Condition Two. I can't say if that is true or not. I tend to believe it was not true and that he carried in Condition One. I do know that he was a better shot than a lot of the guys I worked with. He shot with the Secret Service all the time. They have a range in the basement of the White House in the tunnels.
    I heard Tim McCarthy being asked about this once, and he essentially denied that Reagan was packing everyday. He also said he was no Wyatt Earp of a shot. He also mentioned that Reagan had a gun a couple of times (notably on a few hairy-er overseas trips but that he stashed it in a briefcase), but the myth about it being an everyday thing anywhere except the ranch was a myth. He did mention that he would go about the ranch armed but usually with the intent of snake defense.

I tend to believe this. And the "horses mouth" it was coming out of knows a thing or two about keeping the POTUS alive.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    And the "horses mouth" it was coming out of knows a thing or two about keeping the POTUS alive.
    maybe hes not allowed to tell the truth.

(Monroe County)

Yes, as President he is the commander in Chief, he can go down to the armory and requisition a firearm.

And the big bellied southern redneck Sherrif that would arrest the president of the USA for carrying a Gun would find his ass in a federal pen for interfering in government business. Do you think the federal government plays? Just Ask Randy Weaver and whats left of the Brach Davidians.

AxiTech , i'm Glad you brought up President Reagan, Most Americans do not Know that President Reagan Has a serious Firearms collection, i remember that Personalized Colt AR15 that Colt Gave him after he came out of the Hospital after the assasination attempt.

I often wonder what became of his collection since his 2 sons seems to be sissies.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    And the big bellied southern redneck Sherrif that would arrest the president of the USA for carrying a Gun would find his ass in a federal pen for interfering in government business.
    interfering in government business is a charge? you made that up.

i remember that Personalized Colt AR15 that Colt Gave him after he came out of the Hospital after the assasination attempt.
    all gifts to the president become the property of the united states.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Yes, as President he is the commander in Chief, he can go down to the armory and requisition a firearm.

And the big bellied southern redneck Sherrif that would arrest the president of the USA for carrying a Gun would find his ass in a federal pen for interfering in government business. Do you think the federal government plays? Just Ask Randy Weaver and whats left of the Brach Davidians.

AxiTech , i'm Glad you brought up President Reagan, Most Americans do not Know that President Reagan Has a serious Firearms collection, i remember that Personalized Colt AR15 that Colt Gave him after he came out of the Hospital after the assasination attempt.

I often wonder what became of his collection since his 2 sons seems to be sissies.
    Since we're running with the hypothetical of the President blatantly violating a State Statute it probably wouldn't result in an arrest by a "big bellied southern redneck Sherrif" (that's spelled "Sheriff", by the way).

I could, however, see a district attorney filing charges, and I fail to see how such an action would land that DA in a federal prison. I think most gun laws are absurd anyway, and would likely disagree with the DA for doing so, but I fail to see how filing charges against a President for breaking a law could land a prosecutor in jail.

All hypothetically speaking, of course.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Since we're running with the hypothetical of the President blatantly violating a State Statute it probably wouldn't result in an arrest by a "big bellied southern redneck Sherrif" (that's spelled "Sheriff", by the way).
    I think just about every state except PA gives their sheriffs full statutory powers of arrest. So, yes, a "southern redneck sheriff" could certainly arrest someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast