Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Stolen wallet: ltcf trouble.

So yesterday my wallet was stolen at the Ballys in Ridley (word to the wise, during the slow hours, don't use the lockers in the back). I called up the credit card company and bank, had no trouble getting my cards replaced. I already have a new bank card, and they said I'd have the new credit card tomorrow. I checked in about the drivers license, they gave me a temporary license on the spot, and said my replacement would be here within 7 days.
    I stopped by the sheriff's office expecting no trouble. I had my passport, and my license as valid for another 4 years or so. When I got there I was told that Sheriff McGinn doesn't issue replacement license cards. I was told that I'd have to go through the entire application process again. What's more, I need to include a notarized letter stating what happened to my old LTCF, making it cost even more for a replacement, than for my original license! If that wasn't bad enough, I need to wait for my drivers license to get here too, so it will take even longer than the original!
    So there it is.... It's more expensive, more difficult, and takes longer, to replace an ltcf that was stolen, than it is to get one for the first time.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Stolen wallet: ltcf trouble.

I moved and asked for a new one with my new address, my Sheriff printed a new one on the spot, cost me 7 bucks...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Delaware County)

Sounds like it would be easier to get a non-res permit from a reciprocity state and carry with that until you come up for renewal.

Open carry
    10 char

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    So yesterday my wallet was stolen at the Ballys in Ridley (word to the wise, during the slow hours, don't use the lockers in the back). I called up the credit card company and bank, had no trouble getting my cards replaced. I already have a new bank card, and they said I'd have the new credit card tomorrow. I checked in about the drivers license, they gave me a temporary license on the spot, and said my replacement would be here within 7 days.
    I stopped by the sheriff's office expecting no trouble. I had my passport, and my license as valid for another 4 years or so. When I got there I was told that Sheriff McGinn doesn't issue replacement license cards. I was told that I'd have to go through the entire application process again. What's more, I need to include a notarized letter stating what happened to my old LTCF, making it cost even more for a replacement, than for my original license! If that wasn't bad enough, I need to wait for my drivers license to get here too, so it will take even longer than the original!
    So there it is.... It's more expensive, more difficult, and takes longer, to replace an ltcf that was stolen, than it is to get one for the first time.
    Yep, my wife went through the same thing a couple years ago when she lost her purse, had to go through the same thing you were told. DELCO NEVER makes easy, still does things wrong and passes on bad info in his yearly "Gun Permit Info" pamphlet.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...tml#post885840

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    I moved and asked for a new one with my new address, my Sheriff printed a new one on the spot, cost me 7 bucks...

-Chaz
    i recently moved, so i asked my neighbor (works for sheriff) if i had to get an updated license, she said no.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

This is why I never carry my original LTCF. It lives in my safe. Instead I carry a laminated photocopy.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    This is why I never carry my original LTCF. It lives in my safe. Instead I carry a laminated photocopy.
    Good idea. I didn't check the UFA before asking this next question; is a photo copy sufficient if asked for the LTCF when CC'ing (or just breathing while armed in Philly )?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    Good idea. I didn't check the UFA before asking this next question; is a photo copy sufficient if asked for the LTCF when CC'ing (or just breathing while armed in Philly )?
    The law says that you must provide your license for inspection upon lawful demand (paraphrasing). It's not really clear (to me), whether a photocopy would be sufficient, but I've seen claims on here both saying that it was, and that it wasn't.

(Butler County)

Viper got nailed because the philthy cops said a photocopy wasn't sufficient. Whether it is legal or not depends on the beat cops' interpretations so be careful about just carrying a copy.

I carry my true license but have photocopies in case I lose my wallet or get it stolen.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast