Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Buck Mark Target Rifle?

I was thinking of getting the Browning Buck Mark Target Rifle. I was wondering whether or not it was worth the money. I had planned to put a bushnell holosight scope on it. Any advice would be much appreciated...thanks

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Buck Mark Target Rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPawPatriot View Post
    I was thinking of getting the Browning Buck Mark Target Rifle. I was wondering whether or not it was worth the money. I had planned to put a bushnell holosight scope on it. Any advice would be much appreciated...thanks
    I can't give much advice since I just have a Buckmark pistol, but there's a great Browning forum over at rimfirecentral.com that would definitely be worth checking out. Good luck!
    I own guns!

Hey thanks for the information. Yea I have heard good things from the buck mark series but I was just fairly new to its rifle platform. I was looking for an accurate quick handler for plinking and practice and I trust the browning name. It seems like a solid deal and although the price is higher than a 10/22 I've found out the hard way before that you get what you pay for. Thanks again and happy shooting

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPawPatriot View Post
    <snip>It seems like a solid deal and although the price is higher than a 10/22 I've found out the hard way before that you get what you pay for. Thanks again and happy shooting
    The Buckmark carbine is a nice little rifle, but at twice-plus the cost of a 10/22, is it really a case of you get what you pay for?

(Chester County)

Their buckmark pistols are not that great...and neither are their autoloading shotguns. Those guns are the least durable amongst anything comparable. I'd stick with the 10/22.

Thanks to all y'all for the input. The 10/22 I think has won me over. The Buck mark just caught my attention because I knew the previous owner and he was willing to sell it for 300 (given its 580 price tag) i just had to consider it. But, having never owned a rimfire (aside from a post-war Winchester model 62 passed on in the family, i don't think that thing will ever stop working) i think its about time i went for it. Thanks again for the advice, happy shooting gents