Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Question When Did Bass Pro Start to Sell sub Compact Pistols?

For the Longest time I was always told that bass pro shops would not sell sub compact pistols..(Off the record some Legalize would always come up about their usage in crime.. On the recons they would say that we are mainly a Fishing oriented store that happens to sell firearms...My friend bought the new Taurus 380 today from (You guessed) Bass Pro...So I have to ask how long have they been selling these types pf pistols?? Anyone else notice this change in policy???

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: When Did Bass Pro Start to Sell sub Compact Pistols?

As far as I know they've always had them. They refuse to sell evil black rifles. I know that for a fact. They also have obscenely high prices on everything else. I have a $25 gift card that I can't seem to spend, and I've gone over there 3 times. I can't even bring myself to buy ammo with it, because it makes me sick to know I can get the same box of ammo down the street for much less.

The place is a joke, unless you're looking for fishing lures. I do pretty good there in that department. BINGO! That's what I'll use the gift card for, to start getting ready for trout early!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Moving to Back to PA Within the Year!, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    For the Longest time I was always told that bass pro shops would not sell sub compact pistols..(Off the record some Legalize would always come up about their usage in crime.. On the recons they would say that we are mainly a Fishing oriented store that happens to sell firearms...My friend bought the new Taurus 380 today from (You guessed) Bass Pro...So I have to ask how long have they been selling these types pf pistols?? Anyone else notice this change in policy???
    I live near the BP in Hanover, MD for now and they do sell the Ruger LCP as well as the Kahr sub-compacts. As the last post stated though, high prices overall in the store.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    They also have obscenely high prices on everything else. I have a $25 gift card that I can't seem to spend, and I've gone over there 3 times. I can't even bring myself to buy ammo with it, because it makes me sick to know I can get the same box of ammo down the street for much less.
    You sound just like ME>>> I had a $25 Gift card to spend and i can not remember how many times i went over there looking for something to spend it on.. (Prices were to high)...Finally I just gave in and put it toward some ammo..

(Cumberland County)

When they realized that their elevated attitude of FUDD was costing them $$.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

I buy reloading supplies, ammo and Pellets when on sale but there Guns are not competively priced. A lot of Gun stores around here can beat there price on service models, compact and sub compact guns.

(Jefferson County)

The Bass Pro Shop down in Newport News/Hampton Virginia had subcompact handguns 2 years ago when I was there.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!