Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bucks County Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I read an article last week that said coyotes have been in the state since the late 1930's.
    Your thoughts ?
    I know they have been in the mountainous areas for as long as I have been alive, we used to hear them at night when camping. I just had no idea they had made it down this way. I'm finding them somewhat facinating animals. They are apparently very smart. They are here but seldom seen. I like the fact they prefer to not be seen and are of no immediate threat to us as we walk in the woods. Sure, try and corner one and it's going to be a problem, leave it alone and we can pass each other in peace. Now when I walk along the trails here in the woods I watch for scat on the trail, their way of telling others who owns the woods.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Was at a guys house who lives by the Churchville Reservoir last Saturday,his backyard backs up to a cornfield & you can see some of the lake,he says a neighbor recently shot one with a bow & he sees them all the time. He pointed out several dens by the cornfield area & has found several dead fawns that look like they were attacked & eaten
    And to think I live on property that borders up to the access road off of chinquapin and we have obviously known about the foxes (they're so damn loud during mating season and it's such a blood curdling sound to the un-initiated), the one day my mom and one of my sisters saw something they both thought was 'strange' looking but 'too big to be a fox/not the right color' and i said 'i could be a coyote i hear they're moving closer into this area' and my mom told me 'i was crazy.'
    Looks like I could have been right. Gotta keep a closer eye on the doggies when they're out now I guess.

(Bucks County)

You bet,unless your doga are large ones I wouldn't leave them unattended or at least unwatched in the yard. I was pointed out to several dens so who knows how many are there.
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

I saw one in west rockhill on state game lands. Scared the crap outta me.

I live about 200 yards from the q-town sighting, will be watching the doggy fromnow on.

I've known they were in Fairmount Park and Bucks for years. I've been trying unsuccessfully to shoot one for those years.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Bucks County)

I'm up in somerton in the Brookshire Trace apartments. Never seen a coyote there but have seen 1 or 2 Foxes in the last 2 months(lived there 2 1/2 years and hadn't seen one before) while walking my dog. They stayed away and once they saw me moving closer they ran off. Pretty cool in my opinion (never seen one up close).

(Bucks County)

Seems a ton of us live just a few miles from each other! Anyways, I'm near Clymer Road and have seen about a dozen or so in the last 3 years. Once a pack of 4 took a casual stroll through my back yard. Surprised the hell out of me but not nearly as much as the black bear hanging out in my driveway

(Montgomery County)

Hit by a car on Old Bethlehem Pike near Schoolhouse Road in Hilltown Twp. The driver thought he hit a dog and stopped. The Coyote had a lot of mange.

Last edited by littlebluevette; September 28th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

(Bucks County)

That is literally a mile and a half up the road from my house.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Chester County)

My mother and Father outlaws live about 2 miles from that exact location. Funny to cause My FIL said he thought he saw a coyote running through the yard one day. Litterally i don't he knows what one looks like, but guess he was right. As in previous post I seen multiple coyotes this year in East RockHill area this year hunting. My dad shot one on the opener of gun last year. They just are really around now in force. Stinks cause I just recently moved to the Chester county area lol. I love trapping yotes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast