Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Bucks County Coyotes

The morning I missed 2 I saw 3 total the whole morning. Oh yeah they are around. The one my dad shot was a female. She isn't a juvi either.
    I know of another guy who has gotten 2or3 already in the hilltown area hunting for them. I've gotten a few coyotes before, but always either North or West of Bucks County. Still trying to get one on the home front. Kinda tough though using shotgun only since they really like to hang up to calls wayyyy outta range and a 22 mag isn't the best.

(Chester County)

i live in West Chester up on Chester pike and I've ran across coyote scat on numerous occasions and recently saw what looked like hair tufts while walking my room mates dog behind our apartment complex. good thing i always keep the XD with me. i'm pretty sure my room mates dog would give any yote a run for its money as well.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Adams County)

I heard rumors about 15 years ago that Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland stocked Coyotes to control the deer population within the most heavily used area. It may not be coincidental that Coyotes are in this reigon.
    In addition to that, I've also heard of them being stocked around Gettysburg for the same reason. A half dozzen mature song dogs could turn into a fairly large pack in 15 years.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 18mm View Post
    I heard rumors about 15 years ago that Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland stocked Coyotes to control the deer population within the most heavily used area. It may not be coincidental that Coyotes are in this reigon.
    In addition to that, I've also heard of them being stocked around Gettysburg for the same reason. A half dozzen mature song dogs could turn into a fairly large pack in 15 years.

i wouldn't go jumping to any kind of conspiracy theories lol. coyotes have been in the northeast for ever. its only recently that they have been encroaching into the suburbs. its mainly the absents of wolves and other apex predators that has allowed this to happen.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

I drive down Providence road and Ridley creek road every night past the state park, I have seen them there too. I have seen their tracks while hiking and scouting for hunting spots in the park. I have seen them in New Jersey in the pine barrens too.
    BTW they like to eat cats.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; February 26th, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    I hunt in E.Rockhill near Nockamixen and I missed 2 during archery this year. First one was a heart breaker because it was an easy shot and I just screwed up. The second one (literally 2mins after the first miss) was a farther shot and with limited shooting window. I saw a total of 5 different coyotes this archery season. I heard on multiple outtings anywere from 8-10 calling right before dark. My dad got one on the opener of gun season.
    Funny gezz it was about 3 years ago I started noticing coyote tracks, but only 1-2 sets a year. Last year I saw one during the last week of archery and this year LOL well this year I have them around full blown. So yes they are very much here and in some areas larger densities.

I live near the game lands in East Rockhill, where did you get these two? Game lands or in the park?

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    i wouldn't go jumping to any kind of conspiracy theories lol. coyotes have been in the northeast for ever. its only recently that they have been encroaching into the suburbs. its mainly the absents of wolves and other apex predators that has allowed this to happen.
    I'm not jumping to conclusions at all. The ones that I got the information from saw the trucks full of coyotes in steel cages just west of Gettysburg. The deer were hearded before that, shot at night and bulldozed into pits. There was too much public pressure over the killing and sterility drugs didn't work so they brought in yotes. It's old news and not a conspiracy theory at all.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    In the last 2 years, I've seen 2 roadkill coyotes on West Chester Pike in Newtown Sq. They are in the area for sure. I spend a lot of time hunting in Montco and have yet to see one but I guess it's just a matter of time.
    hey this years my first year hunting in pa trying to hunt squirrel rabbit deer where in the montco area can we go hunting haven't met any property owners yet hah wheres the public hunting grounds.
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls&guns View Post
    hey this years my first year hunting in pa trying to hunt squirrel rabbit deer where in the montco area can we go hunting haven't met any property owners yet hah wheres the public hunting grounds.
    PM sent, don't want to threadjack too badly...

(Fayette County)

We have coyotes by neshaminy mall too. Along with foxes all over that are too.... its getting crazy in that area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast