Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hi Is Bucks County OC Friendly?

New member here just checking in. In live just across the river and am in the process of getting my non resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm License from FL. How friendly are Bucks LEO's toward OCers? Especially New Hope.
    Last edited by libra8; January 24th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Hi

Hi Libra8, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure of the legality of a NJ resident transporting a firearm to PA in order to carry, whether openly or concealed. There are people here that are familiar w/ NJ laws, hopefully they will see this thread and respond, but I would suggest you check NJ laws very carefully yourself before you transport from NJ to PA.

(maybe you should change the thread title so that people know you have a question)
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Monroe County)

First of all, welcome to the forum. Until you have your non resident Florida permit it is technically not legal for you to transport your gun to Pa specifically for the purpose of O.C. Without a LTCF from Pa or permit/license from a reciprocal state the only legal activities for transport include going to/from home to/from gunshop, range, gunsmith, etc. It is not legal to lock a gun up in the trunk and drive into town specifically for Open carry since it doesn't meet one of the "unlicensed" exceptions.

Thanks, I'm familiar with the law. Can you help with my question? Unfortunately you can't edit the title.
    Last edited by libra8; January 23rd, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    Thanks, I'm familiar with the law. Can you help with my question? Unfortunately you can't edit the title.
    I have no experience OC'ing, but as far as New Hope goes I'm pretty sure you would catch a bunch of heat. I would suggest CC if you roll out that way. There's too many people and bars, and there have been some shootings here and there. OC would probably attract alot of negative attention. Unlike the Pocono's where it's common. I don't think I have ever seen anyone OC in any of my travels in Bucks yet.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Dauphin County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ml#post1467143

Click on this link to another thread. The poster is one of those who is very knowledgeable in the law. I don't believe you can legally carry from NJ to PA without a NJ license, unless you meet certain exceptions, which don't include simply carrying in PA. It has to be more specific than that. Click the link and read.

You can edit the tile of a thread by clicking on edit, then on the advanced edit tab.

ETA: It looks like the post I linked to was in direct response to a question YOU asked in that thread. This response was several days before you started this thread. Did you read that response? If you did, don't you believe it, since it states that you most likely can't do what you are asking, but you ask it again in a new thread. Listen, if you want someone from PAFOA to tell you you can do want you want to, you might find someone here who will, but in the face of someone stating and giving references and links to the NJ laws stating that you most likely can't do it, if you do it anyway, don't blame anyone here if you get jacked up. We won't be going to jail for you, you will.
    Last edited by ROCK-IT3; January 23rd, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    ETA: It looks like the post I linked to was in direct response to a question YOU asked in that thread. This response was several days before you started this thread. Did you read that response? If you did, don't you believe it, since it states that you most likely can't do what you are asking, but you ask it again in a new thread. Listen, if you want someone from PAFOA to tell you you can do want you want to, you might find someone here who will, but in the face of someone stating and giving references and links to the NJ laws stating that you most likely can't do it, if you do it anyway, don't blame anyone here if you get jacked up. We won't be going to jail for you, you will.
    I believe in this thread he was only asking if Bucks LEO's were friendly towards OC.
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    I believe in this thread he was only asking if Bucks LEO's were friendly towards OC.
    They know it's legal, but they ain't friendly about it! No Hope is a town inhabited mostly by effete liberals and other limp-wristed types, so you can probably guess just how much they are going to like seeing you with your gun hanging out. You'll probably be greeted with several 'job' offers. Not the type 'job' you want from another guy though. Now, if you go into town with your firearm hanging out, you ain't going to be greeted quite so warmly!

Question for you: Why in the hell would anybody want to go to No Hope, PA?

Thanks, I had previously read that thread. I don't think it was ever answered by Nappon or any other legal authority. correct me if I am wrong. I would like to know.

I think this pretty much says it all. Traveling from one place to legally have it, home. To another place to legally have it, PA. Federal law trumps state law.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=59

By the way I would never blame anyone on this forum or anyone else for that matter. I'm responsible for my own actions.
    Last edited by libra8; January 24th, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Question for you: Why in the hell would anybody want to go to No Hope, PA?[/QUOTE]

It's close and it's fun to watch the weirdo's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast