Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Jogging and Packing Heat - how?

I've been considering getting off my lazy ass and going jogging lately to try and work off some of this Holiday belly. However, I am struggling with how to appropriately carry my Glock whilst doing so. Now, I could get a fanny pack, but I just hate those things, plain and simple. It also seems silly to go for a run with jeans on (so I can wear my belt and Serpa). What recommendations can you folks make towards this?
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Jogging and Packing Heat - how?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I've been considering getting off my lazy ass and going jogging lately to try and work off some of this Holiday belly. However, I am struggling with how to appropriately carry my Glock whilst doing so. Now, I could get a fanny pack, but I just hate those things, plain and simple. It also seems silly to go for a run with jeans on (so I can wear my belt and Serpa). What recommendations can you folks make towards this?
    I always ran with my G19 on my normal gun belt. I had no problem wearing the belt & holster under my running shorts. A snug belt shouldnt need belt loops to function and be comfortable.

(Allegheny County)

Have you looked into either of the following? I don't know about comfort, but they seem to cover your issue...

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/31...er/?return=%3f

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/31...ts/?return=%3f

(Monroe County)

I'm trying to look up the manufacturer right now for you. They make a tight fitting t-shirt, almost like under armour. The shirt has a slot in either side of the chest where one can fit a handgun and then it either zips or velcro's shut. It keeps the firearm concealed and tight to your body. Sounds like a good compromise. You will always know where the gun is, and you WILL absolutely feel anything if the gun becomes dislodged in any way and you can then stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Luzerne County)

Why not carry the way you always do?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

I do a lot of jogging and I do wear jeans. I just buy carpenter jeans or cargo pants because they fit loose and I go anywhere from a 2 - 6 mile jog. It is not the norm to see people do but I look at it like this: If I ever have to run in my street clothes I am use to it and I do not care what others may think. Now for the hot summer days, 80 degrees or hotter. I throw on the shorts that have belt loops. And I carry a LCR revolver with the inside pocket holster. Whatever you do, buy some good running shoes and save yourself from shin splints.

(Allegheny County)

I have worn some of the lightweight cargo shorts from REI with belt loops, but as Byblos said, a good belt wont need the loops.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I'm trying to look up the manufacturer right now for you. They make a tight fitting t-shirt, almost like under armour. The shirt has a slot in either side of the chest where one can fit a handgun and then it either zips or velcro's shut. It keeps the firearm concealed and tight to your body. Sounds like a good compromise. You will always know where the gun is, and you WILL absolutely feel anything if the gun becomes dislodged in any way and you can then stop it.
    The brand is UnderTech. I have posted links to the shirt and compression shorts in post 3.

I like to jog while duel wielding my heaviest pistols. Not only am I outfitted to repel common threats such as; rabid feral pack animals, rogue postal employees, escaped convicts, or the neighborhood peeping tom hiding in a pile of leaves, I'm also getting a great pump in my arms from the added resistance. Doing so is also courteous to your fellow man and will highlight the quality of your character for all to appreciate instantaneously. You never know where you'll encounter a threat, so you should never be caught unprepared. This is why after my jog, or as I like to call them, 'patrols', I also shower with my pistols. So if someone, or a small rebel insurgency, were to follow me home, break down my door and try to engage me during a time of conceivable vulnerability...well...the jokes on them.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
    I like to jog while duel wielding my heaviest pistols. Not only am I outfitted to repel common threats such as; rabid feral pack animals, rogue postal employees, escaped convicts, or the neighborhood peeping tom hiding in a pile of leaves, I'm also getting a great pump in my arms from the added resistance. Doing so is also courteous to your fellow man and will highlight the quality of your character for all to appreciate instantaneously. You never know where you'll encounter a threat, so you should never be caught unprepared. This is why after my jog, or as I like to call them, 'patrols', I also shower with my pistols. So if someone, or a small rebel insurgency, were to follow me home, break down my door and try to engage me during a time of conceivable vulnerability...well...the jokes on them.

Just my .02.
    Droll. Not very, but only somewhat droll.

To the OP:

I'd think light, as in a mouse gun, in some sort of alternative setup, perhaps like a belly band.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast