Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default You ever buy something with out really thinking about it then hate it.

Well it all started when I put a gun I really wanted on lay-a-way and went to pick it up, The shop had sold the gun that was on lay-a-way and couldn't find me a replacement they said the suplier was out also and they were not sure how long it would be till I got my gun. So looking around the shop while the guy was making phone calls to other people I spotted another gun that I kinda liked and knew little about. They gave me a great deal on it because they lost the one I had money (It ended up being $20.00 cheaper) on so being an idiot i decided to buy that one and now I hate it and don't know what I am going to do with it. Ahh I just wish they wouldnt have lost my gun. Sorry for the rant but I am so frustrated on how dumb I am and how I have little to no patience. The new gun I hate is a Kimber ultra carry II. I will prob never shoot it and sell it as a loss. Also I got all kinds of parts coming for I gun I don't have and prob never will.
    Last edited by slimvdub; January 21st, 2011 at 02:13 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: You ever buy something with out really thinking about it then hate it.

You should have demanded your deposit back and not given them your business. How could they sell a gun that's already on lay-away. That's just bad practice.

Also how could you hate a Kimber UCII??? Sell it to me cheap if you hate it so much. I will give it a loving home.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: You ever buy something with out really thinking about it then hate it.

You could tell they didn't mean to sell it he felt really bad about it. He offered my money back but for some reason I had to have a gun any gun just to make my self feel not so dissapointed. I have bought from him many times and never had a problem with his lay-a-way before. But I must have put my money down on a busy day and my gun never got put away.
    Last edited by slimvdub; January 21st, 2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimvdub View Post
    Well it all started when I put a gun I really wanted on lay-a-way and went to pick it up, The shop had sold the gun that was on lay-a-way and couldn't find me a replacement they said the suplier was out also and they were not sure how long it would be till I got my gun. So looking around the shop while the guy was making phone calls to other people I spotted another gun that I kinda liked and knew little about. They gave me a great deal on it because they lost the one I had money (It ended up being $20.00 cheaper) on so being an idiot i decided to buy that one and now I hate it and don't know what I am going to do with it. Ahh I just wish they wouldnt have lost my gun. Sorry for the rant but I am so frustrated on how dumb I am and how I have little to no patience. The new gun I hate is a Kimber ultra carry II. I will prob never shoot it and sell it as a loss. Also I got all kinds of parts coming for I gun I don't have and prob never will.
    I think we all have done it at one or another. I went in to buy a PSL because I really wanted a PSL. I had been in the store a couple times to fondle them and make sure that was what I really wanted.
    Sure enough I go to the store to buy my PSL and end up walking out with a Yugo RPK. I shot the RPK a few times, realized it just wasn't what I wanted and sold it at a loss. Over a year later I still don't have a PSL and I still want one.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    I think we all have done it at one or another. I went in to buy a PSL because I really wanted a PSL. I had been in the store a couple times to fondle them and make sure that was what I really wanted.
    Sure enough I go to the store to buy my PSL and end up walking out with a Yugo RPK. I shot the RPK a few times, realized it just wasn't what I wanted and sold it at a loss. Over a year later I still don't have a PSL and I still want one.
    Thats funny a psl is the gun that I had on lay-a-way. Must be a curse anyone who wants a psl and buys something different will hate it. lol

(Montgomery County)

Hate? No. I've purchased a few over the years that I simply lost interest in and ended up selling. Most of my impulse buys have been great. I did make one stupid purchase. I bought a used revolver without thoroughly checking it out first. The timing was off and some shade-tree gunsmith gave it a bad trigger job. Sent it off to S&W to have all the internals replaced and a proper trigger job. Gun is awesome now, but I have more in it than it's worth. Live and learn.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Thats funny a psl is the gun that I had on lay-a-way. Must be a curse anyone who wants a psl and buys something different will hate it. lol
    That is funny. Maybe we wern't meant to own PSL's and should M1A's instead. Or we should just go out and buy a darn PSL already.

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Hate? No. I've purchased a few over the years that I simply lost interest in and ended up selling. Most of my impulse buys have been great. I did make one stupid purchase. I bought a used revolver without thoroughly checking it out first. The timing was off and some shade-tree gunsmith gave it a bad trigger job. Sent it off to S&W to have all the internals replaced and a proper trigger job. Gun is awesome now, but I have more in it than it's worth. Live and learn.
    That too, see my SKS in the classifieds.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    You should have demanded your deposit back and not given them your business. How could they sell a gun that's already on lay-away. That's just bad practice.

Also how could you hate a Kimber UCII??? Sell it to me cheap if you hate it so much. I will give it a loving home.
    second that

Can you not get the dealer to take it back, if you haven't shot it that is. I know dealers are not accustomed to doing returns, but if it hasn't been shot, and you are purchasing the other pistol from him, might be worth a try.

The new gun I hate is a Kimber ultra carry II. I will prob never shoot it and sell it as a loss. Also I got all kinds of parts coming for I gun I don't have and prob never will.
    That's like hating a Mercedes.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast