Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Beaver County Sheriff needs a letter!

http://www.beavercountysheriff.com/p.../firearms.html
    Licenses are issued to all those who qualify, based on a background investigation done by the Sheriff's Office through the Pennsylvania Instant Check system (PIC). Once an application for license to carry is filed, the Sheriff has 45 days in which to do the investigation and notify the applicant. The license is valid for 5 years. The Sheriff has the ability to revoke the license at anytime for misuse.
    Please Follow these Instructions:

1. Right-click on the link above and then Left-click on "Save Target As".
    2. Save the file in the directory of your choice.
    3. When the file has been saved to your PC, open and print out Page 1 of the form ONLY.
    4. For most users, the option to print from Page 1 to 1 is the easiest way to print just the first page.
    5. Allow the ink to dry.
    6. Turn the paper over and re-insert in your printer.
    7. Print Page 2 of the form on the remaining blank side using the same method described in step 2 above, except you will print from Page 2 of 2.
    8. Sign the form, and come in person into the office between 8:30AM and 4:00PM.

PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED USING TWO PIECES OF PAPER ARE SUBJECT TO REJECTION BY THE SHERIFF. PLEASE PRINT YOUR APPLICATION "BACK-TO-BACK" ON ONE SHEET OF PAPER.
    Requirements for Licence to Carry Firearms

* The applicant must be 21 years of age or older with a picture I.D. for proof.
    * The applicant must be a resident of Beaver County, Pennsylvania for at least 90 days. (May require proof of residency)
    * The applicant must have NO CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS.
    * The applicant must be of Good Character And Reputation, acting in a manner that will not be dangerous to public safety.
    * Character References Must Be Beaver County Residents. Be sure to include their full name, address, and telephone number where they can be reached during business hours.
    * If the applicant is Self-Employed, you must provide proof.
    * If Employment is indicated as a reason for requesting a license to carry a firearm, a letter of confirmation from your employer must accompany the application. This letter must state that the employer approves of you carrying a firearm on the premises of employment and while conducting business for the employer.
    * Your Must Complete the Application In Full. Anything left blank will cause the application to be denied.
    * Due to public alarm and concealment purposes, we Recommend A Small Handgun.
    * This process can take 20-45 business days to complete. We will contact you by mail as to the outcome.
    * Any License not renewed or picked up within three (3) months will require you to reapply.
    * The application and any attached documents must be brought to the Sheriff's Office personally between 8:30AM and 4:00PM.
    * Total cost: $25.00. Payment can be made by cash, money order or personal check.
    Last edited by GetITCdot; January 21st, 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Beaver County Sheriff needs a letter!

What's the problem? The only thing that stood out to me was where it said references had to be Beaver County residences.

ETA: I only read what you posted, I didn't go to the link, so if something is on there, I apologize.

care to point out the problem? i got my drivers licence sized ltcf in my hand in 15 days with no problems....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    What's the problem? The only thing that stood out to me was where it said references had to be Beaver County residences.

ETA: I only read what you posted, I didn't go to the link, so if something is on there, I apologize.
    I bold what i thought were issues, is that incorrect? 1 side of paper, and the silly DUE TO PUBLIC ALARM! warning

(Delaware County)

* The applicant must be 21 years of age or older with a picture I.D. for proof. Okay.
    * The applicant must be a resident of Beaver County, Pennsylvania for at least 90 days. (May require proof of residency) Can't speak to this as I am not 100% certain on the way the law applies.
    * The applicant must have NO CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS. Incorrect - must have no felony convictions. They also leave out the bit about being involuntarily committed to a mental institution and the bit about drug convictions - I guess they're using "criminal convictions" as a catch-all?
    * The applicant must be of Good Character And Reputation, acting in a manner that will not be dangerous to public safety. Ehhh...not wrong, but slightly misleading.
    * Character References Must Be Beaver County Residents. Be sure to include their full name, address, and telephone number where they can be reached during business hours. I thought they could be anyone?
    * If the applicant is Self-Employed, you must provide proof. Wrong - this is irrelevant. You don't need to provide proof of having a job one way or another.
    * If Employment is indicated as a reason for requesting a license to carry a firearm, a letter of confirmation from your employer must accompany the application. This letter must state that the employer approves of you carrying a firearm on the premises of employment and while conducting business for the employer. Wrong again - this is none of the State's concern. Just put "SELF DEFENSE" as a reason and if they don't like it, too damn bad.
    * Your Must Complete the Application In Full. Anything left blank will cause the application to be denied.
    * Due to public alarm and concealment purposes, we Recommend A Small Handgun. Thanks for the recommendation - next time I want your opinion, I'll ask for it.
    * This process can take 20-45 business days to complete. We will contact you by mail as to the outcome. Nothing really to nitpick here, unless the word "may" is used as a scapegoat for skirting the 45 day requirement.
    * Any License not renewed or picked up within three (3) months will require you to reapply. I am unfamiliar with this.
    * The application and any attached documents must be brought to the Sheriff's Office personally between 8:30AM and 4:00PM. What, they go to bed?
    * Total cost: $25.00. Payment can be made by cash, money order or personal check. Hey, look! They got it right!
    A few things, nothing too horrible, I guess.
    Junior

Yeah, I saw the suggestion for a small handgun due to "public alarm", but it didn't say you had to get one, just that they recommended it.

The one sided paper thing probably just makes it easier to keep your entire application together maybe?

I don't know, he seems a lot cooler than how the Allegheny Co. process used to be when I lived there. If you want to talk about making it a pain and passing out misinformation...but I think they've even changed their ways now.

(Cambria County)

Is the application process different from county to county? I keep reading in different threads how people are waiting several weeks to receive their LTCF, the quote in this thread is stating 20-45 business days. When I went to apply for mine I filled out the application form at the Sheriff's office then handed them a check with my completed app. Within minutes I was approved and had my drivers license style LTCF in hand. It just seems odd that so many people seem to have such a long wait when myself and others have applied and walked out with license in hand.

(Butler County)

getitcdot...

Are you going to submit a formal letter to the sheriff asking that he fix the inaccuracies pointed out to give them an opportunity to learn? You might even want to provide them with one of the flyers from this site.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    A few things, nothing too horrible, I guess.
    * If Employment is indicated as a reason for requesting a license to carry a firearm, a letter of confirmation from your employer must accompany the application. This letter must state that the employer approves of you carrying a firearm on the premises of employment and while conducting business for the employer. Wrong again - this is none of the State's concern. Just put "SELF DEFENSE" as a reason and if they don't like it, too damn bad.
    gota read a little more closely there. it says if employment is a reason....mine says self defense right on it and they didn't give me any problems

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    gota read a little more closely there. it says if employment is a reason....mine says self defense right on it and they didn't give me any problems
    ahh I missed that also

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast