Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southampton, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    950563

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Also interested, in the 9mm anyway. Always looking to keep up a good stock of Target/General 9mm in the house.

    Ammoman, it's a few off if you get bulk.

    http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_9mm.htm

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Crivitz, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    4521471

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    Also interested, in the 9mm anyway. Always looking to keep up a good stock of Target/General 9mm in the house.

    Ammoman, it's a few off if you get bulk.

    http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_9mm.htm
    It's one thing to say "me too" but no one is giving the OP any idea HOW MUCH they can commit to. Fellas, it's a little hard to approach a seller and say " I need bulk ammo" without some idea of what number to place on bulk.

    So I'll start off. I can commit to 250 rounds of 9 and a brick of .22 Target loads (115 wwb or equivalant) for the 9s, something in the better stuff (say Winchester Dyna-Point or even Federal Gold Match) with the .22s.

    I'm flexible on both those selections.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,906
    Rep Power
    2293409

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    It's one thing to say "me too" but no one is giving the OP any idea HOW MUCH they can commit to. Fellas, it's a little hard to approach a seller and say " I need bulk ammo" without some idea of what number to place on bulk.

    So I'll start off. I can commit to 250 rounds of 9 and a brick of .22 Target loads (115 wwb or equivalant) for the 9s, something in the better stuff (say Winchester Dyna-Point or even Federal Gold Match) with the .22s.

    I'm flexible on both those selections.
    Yes well I am wondering which type of ammo will be decided on, which brand etc, then I can say how much I can commit to

    Are you following my posts? :O
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16602

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Im in for 9mm. I will check back regularly to see when the details are hammered out.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Crivitz, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    4521471

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Do I need to slap both of you awake? HOW MUCH ammo are you looking for?? WHAT KIND of ammo are you looking for??

    No one here is going to put in some work and cash just to get a PM saying "wrong kind" or "too much". You need to either give a number and be satisfied with the ammo, and/or somehow inform the buyer of what exactly you will settle for, you know, maybe post it or something? In 9 alone we can purchase 115, 124 or 147 grain. Pick one. Once enough of us have decided what to get then we can figure out a number. Once that is done a confirmation of commitment to the purchase can be made. Then gather the money, then make the purchase, then arrange for distribution.

    This isn't going to work if we're talking about 10 boxes. We need to be ordering more than 1000 rounds before it becomes cost effective. That would be the 9s, we'll need a lot more (5000) rounds of 22 to get a reasonable deal.

    So, I want 250 (maybe more later, but I can commit to 250 now) of standard target 115 grain 9 and two bricks of .22....perferably Winchester Dyna-Point HP. This what you need to communicate if this idea is to get off the ground.

    Either make a commitment or sit down and shut up.
    Last edited by ErSwnn; April 20th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southampton, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    950563

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Either make a commitment or sit down and shut up.
    Are you organizing this??

    250 rounds of any target 9mm FMJ.
    I don't care about bullet weight, just nothing steel cased or corrosive primed.

    Favorite cheapy 9mm is 115gr aluminum cased blazer.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Crivitz, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    4521471

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Yeah, I guess I'm trying to since we're not seeing a response from the OP. If that is the case we're all going to have to come to an agreement on how this plays out. Primarily the cash and distribution. I'm willing to get the numbers and if we all agree, make the purchase. In return I'll either need the money up front OR an unbreakable promise of cash on delivery. Also, I'm not driving all over the county to deliver so anyone buying in will have to accomodate me and meet up someplace close to all of us.

    As for your specifics on ammo, that is perfect. I don't want steel, will settle with aluminum but prefer brass. I'll look at some bulk prices and post what I find for 9 and .22. Thanks for giving me something solid to work with.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Crivitz, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    4521471

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Here's a quick idea of costs.

    UMC 115 FMJ, 1000 rounds $220.00 (on sale right now for 210)
    MBI 124 FMJ $215.00, 1000 rounds (this is remanufactured ammo, i.e. reloads, on sale right now for 205)
    S&B 115 FMJ $220.00, 1000 rounds (on sale right now for 199)

    Federal Champion 36 grain .22 5250 rounds $205

    Shipping for 1000 rounds of 9 and 5250 rounds of .22, $28.96

    These are prices from Bulkammo.com
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16602

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    9mm fmj, no steel or corrosive ammo, weight doesnt matter to me.

    Ive never done a group purchase before, but I feel like instead of round count we should just say how much money we can commit, because that will determine what we can afford. Its all based on the quality of the ammo, so based on money we have different options based on brand. I just checked 2 sites, but ammunitiontogo.com has WAY better prices than ammo man right now, but ammoman has free shipping, unsure of the other site.

    But ya im looking for min 250 rounds, but depending on much the group has to spend, i can give around $75, so that would really put me up to more like 350 - 400 rounds just based off a few brands I see on ammunitiontogo.

    I saw someone is from Bucks, im in Lehigh so not unreasonably far to meet in the middle or whatever.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,906
    Rep Power
    2293409

    Default Re: 22 LR and/or 9mm

    Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Do I need to slap both of you awake? HOW MUCH ammo are you looking for?? WHAT KIND of ammo are you looking for??

    No one here is going to put in some work and cash just to get a PM saying "wrong kind" or "too much". You need to either give a number and be satisfied with the ammo, and/or somehow inform the buyer of what exactly you will settle for, you know, maybe post it or something? In 9 alone we can purchase 115, 124 or 147 grain. Pick one. Once enough of us have decided what to get then we can figure out a number. Once that is done a confirmation of commitment to the purchase can be made. Then gather the money, then make the purchase, then arrange for distribution.

    This isn't going to work if we're talking about 10 boxes. We need to be ordering more than 1000 rounds before it becomes cost effective. That would be the 9s, we'll need a lot more (5000) rounds of 22 to get a reasonable deal.

    So, I want 250 (maybe more later, but I can commit to 250 now) of standard target 115 grain 9 and two bricks of .22....perferably Winchester Dyna-Point HP. This what you need to communicate if this idea is to get off the ground.

    Either make a commitment or sit down and shut up.
    I can do almost the same, Standard target 9mm 115 grain
    non corrosive.

    I can deal with steel, alum, brass, its all whatever to me, I prefer brass.
    fmj, hollow whatever.

    200 rounds, target 115 grain non corrosive 9mm. (Prefer brass)

    ----------------------------------

    WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR!

    ErSwnn: 250 (maybe more later, but I can commit to 250 now) of standard target 115 grain 9 and two bricks of .22....perferably Winchester Dyna-Point HP

    NuclearSociety: 200 rounds, target 115 grain non corrosive 9mm. (Prefer brass)

    Dogpupkus: 250 rounds of any target 9mm FMJ.
    I don't care about bullet weight, just nothing steel cased or corrosive primed. (Favorite cheapy 9mm is 115gr aluminum cased blazer. )

    GunMan21: 9mm fmj, no steel or corrosive ammo, weight doesnt matter to me. (looking for min 250 rounds, but depending on much the group has to spend, i can give around $75, so that would really put me up to more like 350 - 400 rounds just based off a few brands I see on ammunitiontogo.)

    SO TO SKIM OFF THE TOP AND SAY WHAT EVERYONE HAS COMMITTED TO:
    950 rounds 9mm so far
    ( Also one person for two bricks of 22lr )


    Better Err? :P, Yes I am awake now.
    Last edited by NuclearSociety; April 20th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops