Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Question Where can I shoot?!

In this cold is there anywhere I can shoot a handgun indoors without having to pay the incredibly rediculous prices of the two closest ranges to me (freedom armory&west york). Any clubs or anything like that? I live in the city and am also very interested in a range where I might be able to shoot a shotgun! (Trap) Even if I have to wait til its warmer for that one. Thanks a lot for any responses.

(York County)

Default Re: Where can I shoot?!

Well..there are lots of threads on the many ranges/clubs here in the York area. I will list a few of them that I know of and you can do some research and see what fits for you. (nowhere I know of has an indoor pistol range except for Freedom Armory/West York Sporting Goods...but someone may correct me on that if I am unaware of one)

York Rifleman - (private club) - Rifle range out to 200yrds - .22lr indoor (rifle only) range - Pistol range (25yrds?) - Post mounted clay target and platform for shooting clay targets (bring your own). Good club that I have belonged to for awhile. I believe they do have a wait for membership right now. Annual dues are $25.

Starview Sportsmen - (private club) - Rifle range out to 500yrds - Pistol range to 50yrds(!) - Sporting clays open to the public every Sunday 9am-2pm - Nice clubhouse - Membership is held to 1250 members and they only open membership on Feb 1st for those already on the waiting list. It takes 1-2yrs to get in depending upon when you get on the list. Annual dues are $50.

Isaac Walton League Dallastown - (private club) - I shoot at this club about once a month for their pistol 'fun shoots' and I truly do like the facility. They have great property. Rifle range to 200yrds (?). They shoot trap on Thursday nights (if I remember correctly). They hold USPSA (practical pistol shooting competition) shoots once a month and host some big events in the summertime. I believe their annual dues are $100. May sound steep, but I think they have ALOT to offer their membership. The people that I do know who belong there are simply top notch. Always helpful.

Windsor Fish and Game - Forum member 'Curmudgeon' is a newer member there and could probably fill you in on their info. I have never been but I do hear nice things.

I know there are others....but this should get you on the right path. Basically, I don't think you can make a bad decision with one of the local clubs. They all seem to have the very best members with the right attitudes. Best of luck!

John

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    York Rifleman - (private club) - Rifle range out to 200yrds - .22lr indoor (rifle only) range - Pistol range (25yrds?) - Post mounted clay target and platform for shooting clay targets (bring your own). Good club that I have belonged to for awhile. I believe they do have a wait for membership right now. Annual dues are $25.
    I just got my membership at York Rifleman. At the meeting I attended in Dec they said they had about 90 or so openings, with about 20 people applying that night. You will need one sponsor, which I won't be able to do for a year.
    If anyone is interested in seeing the range I'm going to do my best to be there on Monday (my only day off this week), I have a couple weapons to zero.
    Last edited by BioHazard74D; January 21st, 2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling

(York County)

Thanks a lot! And yes I have been to IWLA trap shoots and pistol shoots, and the people at there trap shoots are just amazing. But paying these amounts every week was killing me, much better to just pay an annual membership-thank you! And I did check the posts before asking but none of it sounded local for me. Sounds like I'll be checking out the rifleman club&starview : )

There is a fun shoot at IWLA this Sat. starting at ariound 9 am. the cost is around 15 dollars bring around 100 rounds 0f handgun ammo. dress warm it going to be very cool. (the shoot is out side).
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(York County)

Too cold for me, but I know I get the emails from Gary. Thanks anyway

(York County)

http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/
    $55.00 for an adult membership, or $70.00 for a family membership, with an additional $10.00 one time initiation fee.

Great indoor pistol / .22lr rifle range, plus many outdoor ranges

(York County)

Smile Re: Where can I shoot?!

Thank you so much!

(York County)

Maybe Northern York County Game and Fish, I was a member there a long time ago. I took my hunters safety course there and you receive a one year membership. http://www.northernyorkcountygamenfish.com/index.html

Rifle up to 200yds and pistol are both covered but not indoors.