Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Kinsey's Outdoors: Great service and prices!

I just wanted to give a positive review of Kinsey's Outdoors in Mount Joy, PA. The entire staff was very knowledge and understanding of the fact that this would be my first firearm. They gave me extensive details about what I should consider, did not try to push the most expensive firearms in the store on me, and even took time out to give me advice on how to clear the weapon (although I don't remember much as I am more of a visual learner).

All in all, a wonderful place.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Kinsey's Outdoors: Great service and prices!

Just want to throw my 2 cents in here... these guys were great with setting me up with a new bow, and letting my put it on lay away. great personal service!
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(York County)

I've always liked their store. Several years ago, I went in to buy something and I noticed a sign on the door that stated anyone carrying a firearm into the store had to have it unloaded and checked by the cashier upon entering, and it made the destinction of including LTCF holders. I have a problem with this policy and turned right around and left, never to return.

It kept eating at me, so I called and talked to the gun counter salesperson, since the manager wasn't available at the time. He seemed an arrogant sort, and pretty much told me, in a very matter-of-fact way, to like it or lump it. I called the following day and talked to the manager and voiced my opinion on how ridiculous the sign was, and how if I can manage to carry my firearm safely everywhere else I go, why should their store be any different. I also told him he is free to scrutinize anyone he wants, as it is his store. I am also free to shop elsewhere. He was very understanding and apologetic. He told me he wants me to come into the store and was genuninely concerned that a customer would be offended at the sign. He admitted he never really thought about it and I was the only one to complain.

The next time I went in several weeks later the sign had been changed to exclude LTCF holders. As far as I know, it's is still that way. Nice to know they are responsive to their customers. I really found it quite strange that a store that sells personal protection firearms would have some need to make sure a customer who carrys one inside their store has to have it "checked by the cashier upon entering". Just insane.

(Lancaster County)

yeah the only firearms that have to be checked anymore are ones your bringing in to sell or transfer. I always carry in their store and havent had a problem

I have never bought from these guys. However I have been in the store once and one the phone with them once.

In Store: They were very friendly and very helpful. Let me hold many different guns to find what I liked best (Even though I didn't purchase.). Their prices seemed pretty fair, compared to the big box store prices.

On the Phone:
    Very helpful in giving me prices for the four different rifles I asked about. Friendly again.

I would consider buying from these guys in the future.

(Montgomery County)

Don't have too many bad things to say - but I was somewhat disappointed a few weeks ago when I made the trip out to Kinsey's for the first time. I always get their flyers sent to me in the mail and saw they were having a "huge" gun safe sale so I made the trip out. Needless to say, once I made the 2-hour drive, I was disappointed in their selection. I think they carried 2-3 brands max and not all of them were on sale. All in all, I think I was just expecting a much, much larger store with a bigger selection (on everything, not just safes). Nonetheless, if archery is your thing - you will love it.

(Lancaster County)

guys I work there and appreciate the feedback. Its true that we only stock stackon and browning safes but we usually have far more in the back than we have out. Make sure you ask if you are looking for something in particular because we can get any browning or stackon safe available. We have another sale starting tomorrow. If a specific model doesn't have a sale price listed just ask, we can typically do something. As far as the no concealed carry... must have been before my time because that's not the case now and its crazy. We just make sure trade-ins are empty because they sometimes are not!!

(Lancaster County)

I make trips to Kinsey as I drive to and from Harrisburg. I had some gunsmithing on a 30.06 and was very happy. I have yet to make any big procurements their but I always check the selections..... Worst experience was a long line for the yearly hunting license.....

(Cumberland County)

Kinsey's is a great place to shop and browse. The guys behind the counter are good guys and will give you truethful answers to questions about the quality of some of the lower end stuff they carry.
    My wife and I were in there shopping for a new pistol for her and we came in together but she did all the talking and questions while I stood a few feet away looking at the rifle rack and listened in on the conversation.
    I must say they gave her excellent advice and no BS about how to pick out a quality pistol for her. It's refreshing that they don't push the low end stuff just to get the sale.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Lebanon County)

Went in today to get some arrow cut, and pick up some 9mm that was on sale. I walked in with no problems, picked up my arrows/ammo, and then headed to the check out counter. As im checking out there were two people at the counter, 1 male and 1 female(cant remember their names). I was OC at the time with my Glock 19 and had walked around the store for about 20 mins with no issues up until this point. Here is how the encouter went...

Male: Is that thing unloaded? *points to my gun*
    Me: Ofcourse it's loaded. why wouldn't it be? It wouldn't be smart to carry a gun without bullets, right?
    Male: Well we have a policy stating no firearms unless they are checked. You should have checked it at the front desk. I get scared especially when a female comes in here carrying a gun.(wow, he really said that? wtf!) *laughs*
    Me: Well I checked when walking in, and i didn't see any signs or policies stating so.
    Female: Just next time check the gun with us. We just remove the clip(magazine. jeesh!) and hold onto it until you are done shopping.
    Me: Ok, but I will be checking on your "policy" later on today.

As soon as I hit 283 headed back to Palmyra, I called and requested to speak with a manager. I spoke with Alex who is the Customer Service Manager. I explained my situation, and what had happened. He did not sound pleased that his people were telling customers something totally wrong. He expressed his approval of OC, and support for the 2A. He said he would make sure he spoke with those employee's so it didn't happen again. I am still very pleased with the service from kinsey's...just not those two at the front desk!

FYI: The only sign on the inside door stated that "firearms to be sold are to be checked at the front desk"
    si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast