Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New from NC, formerly from Poconos

Left Mt. Pocono back in '95 for warmer NC, but looks like Al Gore was wrong and the globe ain't warming 'cause it's cold here! Worked for Joe at Paradise Shooting Center for many years and was hoping to say hello to some old friends. Any of you still out there?

Default Re: New from NC, formerly from Poconos

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Sr. View Post
    Left Mt. Pocono back in '95 for warmer NC, but looks like Al Gore was wrong and the globe ain't warming 'cause it's cold here! Worked for Joe at Paradise Shooting Center for many years and was hoping to say hello to some old friends. Any of you still out there?
    Wow, Paradise Shooting? Man do I miss that place, all we have left up here now is Sunset Hill

If my memory serves me correct that was at the Cresent Lodge or Paradise Lodge or one of those places like that? That is going back around 27 years.
    Last edited by frankie; January 19th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    If my memory serves me correct that was at the Cresent Lodge or Paradise Lodge or one of those places like that? That is going back around 27 years.
    That hurts Frankie !!!!!!! Has it really been that long??? Wonder how Joe H. the owner and George G. the gunsmith and Lori, Barry, Sue, Frank D. John C. Brian C. Sean and Chris S. Howie, Bernie, Bob B. and all the others are? Anyone know?
    Way back in the late 80's early 90's, myself, Jody S., Bob B. Mike I. and a few others got some IPSC going at Blue Ridge Cherry Valley. It took a while to convince Norm S. to let us, but we got it going. 4 IPSC stages with about 40 shooters and I scored the match at my kitchen table with a pencil, paper and calculator, only took about 2 days to score and 3 days to mail out the results, ah the good simple times!!!!
    Would love to hear from any of the old crowd. Got a new game going down South, "ZSA" Zombie Shooters Association, just started it up and it's growing FAST !!!

Looks like the old friends have moved on, or are not a part of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Sr. View Post
    Hi. I am going in NC. I hope that we can meet up there.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: New from NC, formerly from Poconos

Welcome aboard - and formerly from Rowan Co.

Sheesh... of all the places you COULDA settle there, you picked RALEIGH?!?! Did'ja ever notice - Barney only THREATENED to go there, but NEVER did?

You can tell states like NC, SC, & VA, were civilized in pre-colonial days. They had the good sense to consign their politicians, to the HOTTEST, most God-forsaken parts of their respective states (Raleigh, Columbia, and Richmond). I'm 9 generations from NC, and miss NC, but I wouldn't move to Raleigh for all the money minted in the history of MANKIND! I'd sooner move to DOWNTOWN Charlotte (only transplanted Yankees and the Chamber of Commerce call it, "uptown" )... or stay here in Pittsburgh, for that matter.