Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: for those with HD Shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by ThikSkin View Post
    My express is hidden in the closet with a full mag. A snap cap in the chamber, fired and safe on. If I'm able to get to it, it's because the pistol under my mattress got me there. Once the rug rats move out... I'll sleep with it.
    Just a suggest here. Instead of having all those steps to pass through consider getting your kids to the range. Get them past the curiosity and make the shotgun just another fixture in the house. If their old enough get them into shooting it and/or get a .410 youth gun. H&R makes a nice one that can be had used for $70-80. Most kids play with a found firearm and have no idea what's going to happen if they pull the trigger. Again, just a suggestion. But your house, your kids, your way....I'll certainly respect that.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Washington County)

Alot of how it is stored is due to a difference of opinion (read "Wife") about having it in the first place. My son has the .22 that was given to me by my stepdad. We're both anxious to get out and shoot soon. I'm looking for a decent club that has a pistol range right now. Money is a bit of an issue for right now but once the weather breaks it's on this summer. I have big plans to educate the lot of them.
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.

Quote Originally Posted by ThikSkin View Post
    Alot of how it is stored is due to a difference of opinion (read "Wife") about having it in the first place. My son has the .22 that was given to me by my stepdad. We're both anxious to get out and shoot soon. I'm looking for a decent club that has a pistol range right now. Money is a bit of an issue for right now but once the weather breaks it's on this summer. I have big plans to educate the lot of them.
    What a shame your so far away from where I am. I'd be glad to take you and your family out to my club. Your son could use the youth .410 I got for my daughter. If you get out towards Bucks Co. drop me a line. It's hard to beat a $5 day at the range.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Washington County)

I'm optomistic. My one business partner has some space we can shoot at... Again finding a saturday is tough right now. This is our busy season. Once summer rolls around we'll be scrounging for job but also have time to shoot I'm sure. Thanks for the offer.

Also, there's a very healthy rumor at my church that one of the members is going to donate some land very close that certain members with experience can use. I can't wait for the opportunity to get in on the plans for that area. Once I know that there is a solid go ahead I'll be looking for plans to possibly set up a defensive pistol style course.

Now I'm stoked...
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567