Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Paging Greensburg/Wendel/Norwin PAFOAers

All,

Just got a call from my brother. His fiance came home today at lunch and found their home ransacked. The only good thing was that whoever did this was gone before his fiance got home.

Anyways, his blued Ruger P95 was stolen, serial number is: 315-31947. 9mm, had two ten round mags and some aftermarket 15 rounders with it.

Also stolen was a white/red 2009 Yamaha YFZ450R, Xbox, Wii, Panasonic flat screen TV, and probably more.

I know chances are slim, but if anyone in the area comes across any of the above for a "too good to be true" deal, please let me know. Police report was filed, I guess there's not much else that can be done. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mabuz; January 20th, 2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Serial No. added.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Paging Greensburg/Wendel/Norwin PAFOAers

Wow, that really sux. I can't imagine how outraged and violated they must feel. Glad to hear his fiance didn't arrive while the robbery was in progress.

(Allegheny County)

took a call down at Ace today, someone looking to sell a Ruger P95, said person didn't show up though
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for the replies guys. Note I originally posted it was a two-tone Ruger, I was incorrect. The stolen Ruger had a blued slide.

They're doing okay, just more pissed about it than anything, and he's just happy they were gone before his fiance got home.

You always hear about stuff like this and think it's awful, but it really hits close to home when it happens to a family member or someone close to you. He works hard for everything he has, and has been trying to work out his finances to get a four-wheeler for the past year or so, then finally found a deal on one a few months ago, now that's gone too.

You work hard to have some nice things, and some POS can just take them away that easily without much repercussion.

ETA: Should be getting that serial no. this morning some time from him.
    Last edited by Mabuz; January 20th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.

Updated OP with the Ruger's serial no. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

315-31947
    Last edited by Mabuz; January 20th, 2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: SN

(Westmoreland County)

Just curious- Which of the local PDs filed the report? Greensburg has their own PD, Norwin area has NHT, Irwin, North Irwin PD coverage, and I am pretty sure that Wendel is reliant on PA State troopers?

I lived in North Huntingdon all my life until 10 years ago. Now reside in Penn Twp. with Irwin address. So I am somewhat familiar with this area.

There seems to have been a lot of recent home and car break-ins in this region recently. I hope they catch the lousy b@$+@rd$ soon.

Doubt I will hear anything, I never come across any "too good to be true" deals, but I will stay aware of it.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Just curious- Which of the local PDs filed the report? Greensburg has their own PD, Norwin area has NHT, Irwin, North Irwin PD coverage, and I am pretty sure that Wendel is reliant on PA State troopers?

I lived in North Huntingdon all my life until 10 years ago. Now reside in Penn Twp. with Irwin address. So I am somewhat familiar with this area.

There seems to have been a lot of recent home and car break-ins in this region recently. I hope they catch the lousy b@$+@rd$ soon.

Doubt I will hear anything, I never come across any "too good to be true" deals, but I will stay aware of it.
    Thanks for keeping an eye out.

I'm not sure which PD responded, next time I talk to my brother, I'll try to remember to ask him and let you know.

He's not really holding out much hope on getting his things back, but I wanted to at least try to get the word out to try and help out a little.

Just a bump to keep this thread going for the time being.

Police said they had a couple leads, but haven't told my brother anything as of now.

I forgot to ask him about which PD responded to his report of a break-in as well, I'll try to make it a point to remember to ask him next time.

Bump, and to answer Irwin Inhabitants question, my brother said PA State Police answered the call, so you were right on your assumption.