Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default High capacity Glock magazines flying off the shelves. Glock 17 mag?

As expected, Glock high capacity magazines have been flying off the shelves due to the a-hole in Tucson. I have a few 15 round mags for my G19, but I was wondering if anyone has G17 mags that they use in their G19s? I know that the G17 mags will work just fine in the G19, but how much further does it stick out in the G19, and will it be that much of a difference when CCing the G19 with G17 mags? I was thinking about picking up a few of the G17 mags just in case the looney left decides to ban those evil high capacity magazines. I already picked up a 33 rounder.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: High capacity Glock magazines flying off the shelves. Glock 17 mag?

I personally don't really like the G17 mags on the G19. I'd stay it sticks out at least one inch. Maybe a bit more.

As evidenced by a quick Google search of "G17 mag in G19"

I'd go with more of the 33 rounders if I was you. And get yourself a Sub2000 to go along with that.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

17 mag sticks out of my 19 by about 1" as I recall.

I don't think the few extra rounds are of any benefit when considering that you now have this "thing" sticking out of the grip that could potentially snag on something.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Thanks guys for the feedback. I agree that the G17 mags sticking out could snag on something. I like the idea of getting a Keltec SUB2000. The only thing with the SUB2000 is that if I want to use my G19 mags I can either get the G19 version or I would need to trim an inch off of the grip on the G17 version in order to use my G19 mags with the SUB2000. I really don't like the idea of only having 2 fingers on the grip of a SUB2000 that can take G19 mags, but I like the idea that I would be able use all my Glock magazines with the SUB2000. It is never easy!

(York County)

Here are some cheap Glock 17 mags if you wanted to give them a try for yourself. If you don't like them you're out $30.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

The G17 mags will still be nice at the range or just to have some loaded up in case you need them. I don't think a mag ban is in the near future but you never can tell. I never heard anyone complain they have too many magazines. You could also pick up a couple Glock 2 round mag extensions. They will fit all the 9mm mags.

Edit: They have mags for a good price here. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...F17117&src=sim
    Last edited by dkf; January 19th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The G17 mags will still be nice at the range or just to have some loaded up in case you need them. I don't think a mag ban is in the near future but you never can tell. I never heard anyone complain they have too many magazines. You could also pick up a couple Glock 2 round mag extensions. They will fit all the 9mm mags.

Edit: They have mags for a good price here. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...F17117&src=sim
    The G17 mags are out of stock currently at Natchez I just got my 33 rounder delivered from them yesterday.

CTD has some G17 mags for 24.99 in stock.
    Last edited by aferr1973; January 19th, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Just got two gen4 17 mags from Midway $55 including shipping. I've been wanting a few more for IDPA so I figured I better pick them up now.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: High capacity Glock magazines flying off the shelves. Glock 17 mag?

CDNNSports.com has them all day long for $9.99.

They are best used for a backup mag if you carry one since if you have run out of ammo it probably isn't gonna matter if it sticks out an inch. If you don't then I'd use them for the range and give you some more rounds before reloading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast