Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default ive got a question

me and my BIL are heading to maryland today to look at a truck, i know i cant bring my pistol and thats fine i imagine, but he just picked up a new shotgun and i did as well, the place we shoot is enroute to maryland but in pa, can we take the longguns, shoot them at the range and go to maryland with them and look at the vechile possibly buy the vechile and come back to pa within the law?
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(York County)

Default Re: ive got a question

I'm still trying to find the citation of law, but the following website is informative.

It would appear that you can provided the weapon is unloaded:

"CARRYING AND TRANSPORTATION IN VEHICLES

Rifles and shotguns being transported in motor vehicles must be unloaded.

It is a crime to wear or carry openly any rifle or shotgun with the intent or purpose of unlawfully injuring any person.

It is unlawful for any person without a permit to wear or carry a handgun, openly or concealed, upon or about his person, or to knowingly transport a handgun in any vehicle traveling on public roads, highways, waterways or airways or upon roads or parking lots generally used by the public. This does not apply to any person wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun within the confines of real estate owned or leased by him, or on which he resided, or within the confines of a business establishment owned or leased by him. [3]"

(Berks County)

There is little difference between the gun attitudes of NJ and MD. I would suggest you recall the recent travesty in NJ. Although the governor didn't force him to serve the full sentence, he didn't pardon him either. As such he will never be able to own a gun again. Just saying.....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    There is little difference between the gun attitudes of NJ and MD. I would suggest you recall the recent travesty in NJ. Although the governor didn't force him to serve the full sentence, he didn't pardon him either. As such he will never be able to own a gun again. Just saying.....
    what are you referring to?
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Delaware County)

to avoid any problems like loosing the firearms I would stop home and keep them thier before traveling to MD, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    There is little difference between the gun attitudes of NJ and MD. I would suggest you recall the recent travesty in NJ.
    Long guns are treated very differently. NJ has an AWB and other draconian restrictions that apply even to long guns. Maryland appears to be similar to Pennsylvania -- though they tried an AWB (and failed) last year.

(Chester County)

Researching for another thread I couldn't find any applicable proscription in MD for unloaded longarms.

That being said - how far is the range from your origin and why would you take the chance in MD instead of making the range and truck trips separately. Is the incovenience of two trips worth the risk?
    IANAL

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by delcosheriffsucks View Post
    me and my BIL are heading to maryland today to look at a truck, i know i cant bring my pistol and thats fine i imagine, but he just picked up a new shotgun and i did as well, the place we shoot is enroute to maryland but in pa, can we take the longguns, shoot them at the range and go to maryland with them and look at the vechile possibly buy the vechile and come back to pa within the law?
    No, you must go directly to a legitamate shooting venue like a range, competition, hunting, or gun shop, or home when transporting ANY firearm in MD unless you are a recognized collector in MD. You can't even stop for gas, so stopping to look at a truck would be a no go.