Ok, I stumbled upon this, it was just introduced at the SHOT show. Instead of just giving you a link I'll cut and paste to do the work for you guys, since I like you all so much and stuff...

From John, at M1911.org
The second pistol, though, was a revelation.

The pistol is called .22 TCM and it fires a special cartridge developed by Armscor, whose specifications speak about a peak velocity of 2100 fps.

It's a bottle-neck cartridge, which will be manufactured and distributed by RIA in US and which was a real joy to shoot.

The pistol has a high-capacity double-column frame and it is made of steel, just like any other RIA pistol.

I shot several magazines of the prototype that was on RIA's table, and I was amazed with how sweet this pistol was.

The cartridge is produced using a .223 Rem. case, which has the same rim diameter as the 9mm Para one. RIA is planning to offer the pistol together with a 9mm barrel, so customers can use either round in their pistols.
Looks super slick, except for that TCM roll mark...

This website;

http://www.slickguns.com/product/liv...-shipping-soon

claims 18 round mags in both .22tcm and 9mm. Hot diggity dog.

I can't find much at all on this round or gun, so it's possible I'm getting excited about nothing. We'll see. It's interesting to see Armscor really moving in a different direction that just making copy 1911s though.