Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default NHRPC SDM/DMR/RECCE AR match 2/20 (snow date 2/27)

Have you put a longer distance rifle together and not found a competition that put it to the test?

Hopefully we have the solution.

On Feb. 20 we are running a match that will be wholly suited to accurized AR platforms such as SDM, DMR, and RECCE type rifles.

We just ran our third consecutive bad-breath distance match in a row yesterday.

Unless you are just finding us now, or have been under a rock since the summer, please note the above. Short guns had their chances to play, and this one is long-ball only.

We are looking to focus on the higher accuracy demand, and longer engagement distances that actually brought these accurized AR platforms about. I anticipate slow & fast moving targets, smaller reactive targets (balloon), popups, range estimation challenges and exercising the club's new steel to great effect. Distances from 200 to 600Y.

A magnified optic of 4x or greater is required, as is a 16" minimum bbl length. The CoF will be designed to challenge magnified optics, and will not be suited to shorter range platforms. Chin music about irons, dots, or SBR's will be cheerfully returned to sender.

There will be two scoring classes:

* Semi-auto .223/5.56

* Precision (includes all bolt guns, and semi-auto in any other caliber than .223/5.56)

CoF will be posted once approved. Round count should be 90 max for DMR, and 50 for precision.

Bipods/forward rests are allowed for most stages but not all.

Properly documented NFA items are welcome.

Registration is open. Before registering please note our 2011 cancellation policy. We are enforcing it in the hope that no shooter gets turned away unnecessarily this year. This match fee is $20 for members, and $30 for guests.

Please consider joining the staff and helping us put these on. We need people on the team who want to attend more often than not, and have a team oriented attitude, great observation skills, awesome work ethic, understanding of practical shooting sports, and some fantastic ideas. I am totally willing to teach all I know of the martial art of match directing.

http://nhrpc.org/index.php/groups/42...istration-open

Thanks,

––Fargo007

Default Re: NHRPC SDM/DMR/RECCE AR match 2/20 (snow date 2/27)

Are there any plans for a 50-500 yard event for iron sights? I wouldn't discriminate against the scope users though.

I would be there with bells on