Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default S&W Shotgun Revolver?!?

Gun Nuts media reports that Smith and Wesson is making a knock off of the Taurus Judge. Here is the story:
    http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/17/smith-wesson-governor/

They are calling it "The Governor." I give it two resounding thumbs down. Since when did Smith and Wesson start making knock offs of Taurus revolvers, they have it backwards. To take this just a little bit further, Smith and Wesson keeps the loathed internal locking system but adopts a Taurus knock off that has dubious defense applications?!? Assholes. I am sure next year there will be a performance center version of this shotgun revolver which no one will buy.

My highest aspiration for this new shotgun revolver is that buyers will start cramming the cylinders full of .460 S&W Magnum loads (you know, for defense... see here the same crowd that thinks a Desert Eagle is a great defensive weapon) and turning them into hand grenades. After a few lawsuits, Smith and Wesson will sell each new revolver with a Microsoft based integrated computer system that will visually inspect each cartridge before loading to attempt to prevent negligent suicide.

To all interested parties that consider buying this terrible revolver do yourself a favor and buy a Desert Eagle instead or perhaps a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan. As a final rant, if I hear one more asshole wax optimistic about the power of a .410 slug I share this... the .410 slug weighs around 95 grains!!!

Hats off to Smith and Wesson for attempting to get into a market created by Taurus. The future of a great company is now being "Me Too'd" by a company with a horrible reputation for low quality products. Fantastic. Where is Doctor Who when you need him?
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: S&W Shotgun Revolver?!?

Should be just about as useless as the judge and thunder5 that came before.

(Montgomery County)

Preach it Steve!!
    I agree with your entire post except the Desert Eagle / Ruger Alaskan.

I'd spend the money on an older (at least pre 1980) Smith instead. Those are the real Smiths that S&W built their reputation on.

They certainly don't make them like they used too, but then again you could say that about most of today's products.
    Holy shit. I'm starting to sound like my Grandfather back in the day!!!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Montgomery County)

I really meant the endorsement for the DE and Ruger Alaskan as a "better" alternative for a "great" defensive weapon. Hell, a special edition DE and Ruger Alaskan that would come with an Uncle Mike's holster, a copy of Black Ops and a two foot by three foot bumper sticker saying "I Carry a Magnum, Rob my car!!!"
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I really meant the endorsement for the DE and Ruger Alaskan as a "better" alternative for a "great" defensive weapon. Hell, a special edition DE and Ruger Alaskan that would come with an Uncle Mike's holster, a copy of Black Ops and a two foot by three foot bumper sticker saying "I Carry a Magnum, Rob my car!!!"
    LOL - what kind of coffee you drinking this morning. It's got you all wound up!!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Northampton County)

The best quote about this gun from S&W came from Tam at View From The Porch.

"I predict it will be a sales success, given one caveat: The street price is going to have to be reasonable. I don't mean to cast aspersions on any certain demographic, but in my experience, the Venn diagram of those who are willing and able to dump a kilobuck on a brand-name Scandium alloy revolver and those who think a .410 revolving shot pistol is the bee's knees contains very little in the way of overlap."

You've got to admit - as goofy as the Judge is, it sells - a lot.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Chester County)

Well said Steve.

(Montgomery County)

I've got to spread the rep, Steve...

I'm shocked that S&W has resorted to this...

But on the other hand, I agree with the logical conclusion that it *should* be an utter failure sales-wise, due to the aforementioned reasons. The most significant of which, IMO, is that S&W fans will likely see this as an abomination (I agree, FWIW), while Taurus Judge fans will see this as a presumably overpriced copy of the original "real deal"...

S&W copying Taurus. Holy. Shit.

What a shame...

Regards,

Bones

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

(Centre County)

Ohhhhhhhh, my fingers are crossed for the S&W "Circuit Governor" (or whatever the hell it may be called) for the ultimate in worthlessness.

C'mon man! The .410 is the culmination of years of FBI trials for the perfect self defense round!!!!

Stop yo Hatin' Steve!!!!!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast