Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Cb1000h@hotmail.com View Post
    Absolutley right on the money!!!
    Agree with everything said. Gang, this is no VF or Oaks.

Just another quick note...hey vendors, presumably you are in business to sell things. Maybe I am wrong, but you MAY be able to increase your sales if you actually answered questions and did not roll your eyes when we request to handle your stuff.

I know you deal with a lot of us strange customers, but please don't do us any favors if you look down at us.

There was one muscle-head jackass vendor with a decent selection of pistols and rifles. I simply asked him if he brought any H&K's. He snapped at me and said that he can "move 10 glocks" easier than one H&K! Hey, Hulkster, you would have been the only vendor showing H&K's today. BTW, your Glocks were not flying off the table either at your prices...
    * Stay classy, Capital City VIP Gimp *

(Bucks County)

How were the price on magainzes? We're dealers screaming from the rooftops about how the sky is falling?

Not awful, not great. I walked out with the same amount I walked in with. Mid-level show. If you have nothing going on and your in the area check it out, don't go out of your way.

(Philadelphia County)

I'll be there at the show tomorrow. I've been attending for quite some time and except for a grouchy vendor once in a while I've found the vendors to be very approachable and friendly. It's a decent sized show and I've always found the selection of pistols, rifles and various parts thereof to be generous. Prices are usually very good and some vendors will knock a couple bucks off if you are buying a bunch from them. There's always mags and ammo, powder and parts, books, knives and reloading items. Parking can be tight sometimes but if I wait a bit I always get a spot. If you haven't been there you ought to try it. I always spend money here and always have a good time...IMHO! See you at the show!

(Montgomery County)

Parking was tight, and they didn't have the back gate open so don't go down the "exit only" road or you'll get stuck lol.

Picked up another magazine for my kimber as well as a stripped lower.

This was my first time at the armory, and the show seemed fairly small, but everyone was pretty decent. Had to unload my carry gun at the door, but the guy was decent and once it was cleared he just asked that I didn't reload it until I left.

My wife and I walked the entire show in about 20 minutes, and if I wasn't looking for something specific we would have been in and out in 30.

As Tom said, not a show I would go a long distance for, but if you are in the area and looking for something specific it wasn't bad.

(Philadelphia County)

It was the worse gun show I have ever attended in my life.

Got my tax return and had my mind set on leaving with a perhaps Norinco or even an Egyptian Maadi AK. I think I counted maybe a half a dozen AK type rifles in that whole place and 4 of them very Americanized with Armalite junk!

After not finding what I needed, I decided to look for s couple AK sling. Not one vendor had them.

What's up with hating AKs?

(Philadelphia County)

that sounds disappointing. i was suppose to go this morning but it closed at 3 and not at 5. so i ended up not going.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cb1000h@hotmail.com View Post
    Absolutley right on the money!!!
    I went on Sunday and it probably took me longer to get there than I stayed, and I live in NE Philly. There were only two serious firearms vendors and neither had much I was interested in. I was looking for a S&W Model 17 or 617. The rest of the show was knives and other assorted stuff. I picked up a box of 9mm and .38 Special ammo just for the heck of it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bkinpa View Post
    Agree with everything said. Gang, this is no VF or Oaks.

Just another quick note...hey vendors, presumably you are in business to sell things. Maybe I am wrong, but you MAY be able to increase your sales if you actually answered questions and did not roll your eyes when we request to handle your stuff.

I know you deal with a lot of us strange customers, but please don't do us any favors if you look down at us.

There was one muscle-head jackass vendor with a decent selection of pistols and rifles. I simply asked him if he brought any H&K's. He snapped at me and said that he can "move 10 glocks" easier than one H&K! Hey, Hulkster, you would have been the only vendor showing H&K's today. BTW, your Glocks were not flying off the table either at your prices...
    I saw a vendor try to lowball a guy on a trade of a Kimber for a S&W Model 637 like my wife's gun. The guy with the Kimber would hear nothing of it and walked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123