Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Post H&R Topper combos

My Dad bought me an H&R Topper 20 ga 30/30 combo when I was 12. (36 years ago). The 30/30 barrel was lost in a move a few years ago. Does anyone know how to go about finding one?

(Perry County)

Default Re: H&R Topper combos

Quote Originally Posted by dji1962 View Post
    My Dad bought me an H&R Topper 20 ga 30/30 combo when I was 12. (36 years ago). The 30/30 barrel was lost in a move a few years ago. Does anyone know how to go about finding one?
    Contact H&R. Line up a replacement barrel for it, send the receiver minus the hand guard to them and they will headspace a new 30/30 barrel for you and send it back. All told it should cost you less than $250. Some of the barrels only cost $90. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper78 View Post
    Contact H&R.

http://www.hr1871.com/default.asp

Barrel # 231 30/30 Win. 22" $96.00

Barrel Accessory Program

Due to limited availability of barrels at this time, please call 1-866-776-9292 prior to shipping your firearm.

* Additional barrels may be added to firearms of our manufacture since 1987 only, with a serial number that begins with N or H. We do not install additional barrels on any other manufacturer’s firearms.
    * Additional barrels are available as additional barrels only. We will not exchange barrels for existing barrels on shotguns and rifles, as it will change the model.
    * Rifle frames may be fitted with additional rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader barrels.
    * Shotgun frames may be fitted with additional shotgun and muzzleloader barrels only.
    * We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted.
    * We do not sell barrel blanks or do custom calibers.
    * In order to obtain an additional barrel(s), the stock, forend and frame (receiver) must be sent to us so they may be properly hand-fitted to the barrel, to be sure they are correctly head-spaced and proof-tested.
    * Hammer Spurs Sold Separately from Barrel

To obtain an additional barrel(s), please take the following steps:

* Open the firearm by pressing the release lever, and be sure the chamber is empty.
    * Remove the forend screw and forend.
    * With firearm fully open, lift the barrel off the hinge.
    * Carefully package the stock, forend and frame (receiver) for shipping. (DO NOT SHIP YOUR EXISTING BARREL.) Send by U.S. Mail or U.P.S. insured to the following address (DO NOT MARK CONTENTS ON THE OUTSIDE OF SHIPPING CARTON):

H&R 1871, LLC
    ATTN: Barrel Accessory Offer
    14 Hoefler Ave
    Ilion, NY 13357

* Enclose with your parts, credit card information payable to H&R 1871, LLC (no cash accepted) along with the completed order form. Please include the serial number of your firearm, your name, mailing address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and your daytime telephone number.
    * Keep a record of the serial number of the returned firearm.
    * All prices are in U.S. funds and are subject to change without notice.
    * Due to licensing requirements, this offer is only available to U.S. residents.
    * During periods of high demand, please allow six to eight weeks for delivery of your additional barrels or accessories.

If your frame is too old for H&R to provide a barrel, try Numrich Gun Parts.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Northampton County)

The "TOPPER COMBO" Model 158 with .30-30 and 20 ga. barrels was in production from 1968-1975. As such, it was made before the barrel exchange date limit 1987 detailed above. Call Numrich for availability of .30-30 barrels. I just checked and don't find them listed in their parts lists for the Model 158 - they may have one or a couple sitting around.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Thanks ewveryone for the help.