Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Carrying at Wells Fargo Center

I was at an event there yesterday. I was not carrying. I went through the metal detectors. Before that they asked me to remove all metal from my pockets. I did and started to take off my watch. The guard said "no, not that" which had me wondering.... what are they actually "detecting"? If my watch is on me, how does the metal detector know the metal is a watch, a gun, or a knife.

I had to go back out of the building and on the way back in, I put my phone in the bin and walked through with my keys and watch.... nothing. I noticed also that not one single person in this massive rush of people set off the metal detector, or if they did set it off, it was ignored.

Are the metal detectos just for show? If I had an LCP in my pocket, i am almost 100% ceertain it would have gone unoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    I was at an event there yesterday. I was not carrying. I went through the metal detectors. Before that they asked me to remove all metal from my pockets. I did and started to take off my watch. The guard said "no, not that" which had me wondering.... what are they actually "detecting"? If my watch is on me, how does the metal detector know the metal is a watch, a gun, or a knife.

I had to go back out of the building and on the way back in, I put my phone in the bin and walked through with my keys and watch.... nothing. I noticed also that not one single person in this massive rush of people set off the metal detector, or if they did set it off, it was ignored.

Are the metal detectos just for show? If I had an LCP in my pocket, i am almost 100% ceertain it would have gone unoticed.
    I was actually there as well yesterday I carried there but locked it up in my SUV and had the same experience as you stated.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post

Or one of those Glock Model 7's

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I can't afford an all porcelain gun. It cost more than I make in a month.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Exactly. The porcelain one that can not be detected by x-ray, nor metal detectors. It's made in Germany.

(Philadelphia County)

There has been a policy change and now no one is allowed to check their firearm including off duty LEOs. It appears that the newly hired head of security started this policy a few months ago.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    There has been a policy change and now no one is allowed to check their firearm including off duty LEOs. It appears that the newly hired head of security started this policy a few months ago.
    Thanks for this.

(Bucks County)

Going there the afternoon for a Transsiberian Orchastra concert. Glad I found this thread, it will save me some grief.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

I was just there on the 15th of December for a Wings game. There are lockers you can rent outside of the entrance. They use your credit card at a kiosk. There is an attendant. the cost $5 to $15 depending on size.
    Last edited by Team Dougherty; December 21st, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    I was just there on the 15th of December for a Wings game. There are lockers you can rent outside of the entrance. They use your credit card at a kiosk. There is an attendant. the cost $5 to $15 depending on size.
    Yes they have lockers for use but I believe they inspect your bag before allowing you to use the locker. Firearms are totally banned in the building now and it’s fun watching off duty LE of any level get pissed off they are not allowed to bring in their weapons.

Also FYI for you smokers, the smoking section has been removed since it’s been banned. If you sneak out to smoke they won’t let you come back in the building.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast