Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Gunbroker shipping cost?

Who do you use in the (upper) bucks area to ship your gunbroker sales. I'm looking for the cheapest place.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gunbroker shipping cost?

There is a section to find out listed FFL's right on gunbroker. It lists the dealer name and price. I can get you a link. If you cant find it.

edit:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx
    Last edited by dregan; January 16th, 2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added link

(Lehigh County)

Let me know how you make out, I will need to do the same thing from the Lehigh Valley area soon and would like to learn from your experience. Thanks!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    There is a section to find out listed FFL's right on gunbroker. It lists the dealer name and price. I can get you a link. If you cant find it.

edit:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx
    Thanks for the info will check it out I'll let you know what I find. It's worth a extra trip to save money on the "transfer".

(Allegheny County)

can i assume you are shipping to someone? see if that person's FFL requires the firearm to be sent from another FFL or if you can send it on your own. If you can send it on your own, are you shipping a rifle or a pistol?

From what I have read, you do not need to be an FFL to send a rifle through the USPS and pistol through FedEx or UPS next day.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/Sup...spx?faqid=1118

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    can i assume you are shipping to someone? see if that person's FFL requires the firearm to be sent from another FFL or if you can send it on your own. If you can send it on your own, are you shipping a rifle or a pistol?

From what I have read, you do not need to be an FFL to send a rifle through the USPS and pistol through FedEx or UPS next day.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/Sup...spx?faqid=1118
    Yes i might be selling some weapons so I was wondering what it cost to ship. I know all weapons do not need a ffl but I don't know all the law's around shipping. It is easier to use a ffl dealer. Also, I know one shop that charges $50 for a gun to ship using there ffl. I would not be paying this fee but would try to ship the cheapest way. Maybe I'll get a better price for my guns? This isn't about favorite gun shop it's about the best shipping price thats all.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Yes i might be selling some weapons so I was wondering what it cost to ship. I know all weapons do not need a ffl but I don't know all the law's around shipping. It is easier to use a ffl dealer. Also, I know one shop that charges $50 for a gun to ship using there ffl. I would not be paying this fee but would try to ship the cheapest way. Maybe I'll get a better price for my guns? This isn't about favorite gun shop it's about the best shipping price thats all.
    well from the link i gave you:
    Shipping Legalities
    Federal Law requires that all modern firearms be shipped to a holder of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) only. The recipient must have an FFL; however the sender is not required to have one. Any person who is legally allowed to own a firearm is legally allowed to ship it to an FFL holder for any legal purpose (including sale or resale).
    US Mail: An unlicensed person can ship a rifle or shotgun by US Mail. Unlicensed persons cannot ship a handgun by US Mail. Postal regulations allow the Post Office to open your package for inspection. Ammunition cannot be shipped by US Mail. You can search the US Post Office Postal Explorer site for specific USPS regulations regarding firearms and ammunition.

FedEx Express: FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.

FedEx Ground: FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms (excluding handguns) as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.

UPS: UPS will accept handgun shipments by Next Day Air only. Rifles and shotguns can be shipped by UPS ground service. UPS will accept shipments of ammunition. Most other shippers will no longer accept firearm shipments. Airborne and Roadway have specifically prohibited firearm shipments.
    so I would assume that unless the $50 FFL has a special deal with a shipping company so they get some sort of a discount, it would probably be cheaper for you to walk into a USPS, FedEx, or UPS hub and ship it out yourself.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    well from the link i gave you:

so I would assume that unless the $50 FFL has a special deal with a shipping company so they get some sort of a discount, it would probably be cheaper for you to walk into a USPS, FedEx, or UPS hub and ship it out yourself.
    Thanks again. Question should I call first to let them know what i'm bringing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Thanks again. Question should I call first to let them know what i'm bringing.
    I wouldn't call. Who is to say the person you talk to is the person that will be at the counter when you get there?

I have only had to ship 1 rifle back to a manufacturer and brought it into the UPS hub in the "tactical" bag that it came in. It was very discrete looking and they were able to help me with finding the appropriate size box and fill it with paper to protect it. Then they asked what it was and if I needed insurance on it, the look on the girls face was priceless when I told her it was a rifle and asked how much it cost for insurance!

And remember, you can always just stop in with the gun and ask for a shipping quote and either bring in the gun or weigh it and tell them the weight and what you would need (packaging, insurance, confirmation, etc.).

(Lehigh County)

OP, just wondering if you had any luck finding someone to do the FFL for you. I've emailed a couple of folks on the Gunbroker FFL list - and no replys back.

If you found someone, Upper Bucks works for me. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast