Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Delaware Valley Sports Center

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    True. At the other range, which is in South Philly, I must buy their ammo and it gets quite costly. I can spend $40-$60 in ammo each time I go there. DVSC isn't as nice or modern, but it's a lot more cost-effective to go there.
    A little OT, but keep in mind that you can pay a "corkage" fee at SPAG, $10 per visit, and paying that allows you to BYO. If you shoot as little as 2 (ETA: 1) boxes of 9mm, that fee pays for itself.

Or you could pay extra and get a VIP membership, which may or may not be cost-effective for you. I think the break-even point is as low as a case of 9mm.

ETA: both SPAG membership types are discounted on "Glock Day," April 9, 2011.

Returning now to your regularly scheduled DVSC thread....
    Last edited by dgg9; February 2nd, 2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    A little OT, but keep in mind that you can pay a "corkage" fee at SPAG, $10 per visit, and paying that allows you to BYO.
    Or you can go to a range that doesn't pull that nonsense. Personally, I find it offensive, but I respect the right of a business to make whatever rules it wants to. I also respect my right to vote with my wallet. That said, SPAG isn't close to me, so I don't lose out by not going there. If I lived, say, around the corner, I might have a different outlook.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Or you can go to a range that doesn't pull that nonsense. Personally, I find it offensive, but I respect the right of a business to make whatever rules it wants to. I also respect my right to vote with my wallet. That said, SPAG isn't close to me, so I don't lose out by not going there. If I lived, say, around the corner, I might have a different outlook.
    Ranges have expenses and have to make money somehow. SPAG has 7 shooting bays and no parking; Classic Pistol has 15 bays and a dedicated lot. Not as much walk-in traffic for SPAG. They make their money selling ammo and having a lot of 235 certs.

I do live around the corner. Time is money. It's not worth it to me to drive way out to the burbs to save a few bucks per range visit. The gas alone almost offsets it. I mean, I could drop indoor range membership altogether and just shoot year round at LRGC, of which I'm a member. I've thought about just that. But I know myself: if I have to invest a 45 minute drive each way, which would turn a quick range session into a half-day commitment, I simply won't shoot pistol as often. SPAG is a luxury I can indulge.
    Last edited by dgg9; February 2nd, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

(Northampton County)

people love to complain about other people, places, and things but never do anything to help correct the problem. i hope that anyone complaining about DVSC doesnt get robbed on a cold dark night you might not be able to shoot correctly. just spoke to the manager of DVSC and the heaters are fixed.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

(Philadelphia County)

yes, dvsc has fixed some of their heating in range issues as of last week, they installed 3 or 4 overhead heaters and on extreme days they have other stand up propane or kero heaters to assist. what people dont realize is that shit costs money. look at what u pay a year at dvsc versus other places. where do u think the up-keep money comes from ? have any of you ever sat and looked at costs of things ? yes there has been issues from time to time with individuals whom need correction or assistance but to some extent it is up to us as patrons to offer some form of correction or make the manager aware. there are 2 gentleman at dvsc whom are extremely knowledgable and helpfull. the manager who runs the place "dwayne" basicly knows just about anything you could wanna know about a variety of firearms from handguns to assualt rifles. im not sure but he seems to be the main guy there as hes there everyday of the week with the exception of maybe sundays when the owner if you call him that is there. Anthony the owner can be good at times but seems to be short tempered and needs to understand this is a gun shop for the customer not a south philly wanna be mob movie. maybe a little less " A, O, A, whadayatalkin abouts" and a little more thank you for your patronage. anyways this is a great shop if you are in the area, and can get you anything you need if they do not already have in stock. lastly a gentleman named Jose whom is a certified trainer/instructor is there frequently throughout the week and is more then happy to help out and offer advice. also he seems to do many different classes on weekends there. as others posted yes there are nicer, but they come with a higher price tag. so if your looking for an affordable range in the northeast area stop bye, theres always people there shooting and socializing from police to retired vets.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteinphilly View Post
    ...... the manager who runs the place "dwayne" basicly knows just about anything you could wanna know about a variety of firearms from handguns to assualt rifles. im not sure but he seems to be the main guy there as hes there everyday of the week with the exception of maybe sundays when the owner if you call him that is there. Anthony the owner can be good at times but seems to be short tempered and needs to understand this is a gun shop for the customer not a south philly wanna be mob movie. maybe a little less " A, O, A, whadayatalkin abouts" and a little more thank you for your patronage. .....
    Although I have had positive experiences within their shop, I can say that sometimes the "culture" or atmosphere of the place isn't the best. The manager, for instance, is a little too liberal with the profanity and dirty jokes around customers and also seems to be a little uncomfortable around certain ethnicities. Both of those things have left me feeling a bit awkward each time after visiting the place.

Additionally, I too suffered through the heating problem once but lucky for them, I didn't care.

Having said all of the above, I still have to say that they have a decent selection of products and they do enjoy what they're doing.

My two cents.

(Philadelphia County)

Well the culture or atmospere is friendly and as for me the manager I thought this was America the right to free speech still exists.If I offend you be a man and say something to my face don't hide behind your computer apparently you still come come and what ethnicities are you refering too we have a very deverse base of clients.Dwayne

(Philadelphia County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Trust me, if I hadn't spent like 30 minutes in line at CP and already bought my ammo and stuff, I would've peaced out.

I didn't even want to complain to the guy running the place, because if he cared he would've chucked them out, he could see what they were doing from his CCTV's.

Learned my lesson of trying to hit a firing range at 3pm on a weekend though
    No I as one one person dealing with my clients can't always watch my cameras and as a customer you should have came and told me I would have dealt with it but you instead posted a complaint instead of trying to help the reason the range got that bad is cowards like you refuse to help and give insight instead from the comfort of home you bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by shot gunner pro View Post
    No I as one one person dealing with my clients can't always watch my cameras and as a customer you should have came and told me I would have dealt with it but you instead posted a complaint instead of trying to help the reason the range got that bad is cowards like you refuse to help and give insight instead from the comfort of home you bitch.
    And herein lies the reason why you're not winning anybody in your favor on his complaint. Never will you bring a new client into the range by calling them a little bitch. You're proving that you have an abrasive personality which would not be conducive to reporting an issue on the firing line. As the business owner, you should care what is going on at your range, as YOU have to pay for it eventually. I don't understand why more ranges don't pay better attention to safety aspects of shooting. It saves YOU money on insurance and saves YOU money on repairs to your range.

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=psusra112;1491422]And herein lies the reason why you're not winning anybody in your favor on his complaint. Never will you bring a new client into the range by calling them a little bitch. You're proving that you have an abrasive personality which would not be conducive to reporting an issue on the firing line. As the business owner, you should care what is going on at your range, as YOU have to pay for it eventually. I don't understand why more ranges don't pay better attention to safety aspects of shooting. It saves YOU money on insurance and saves YOU money on repairs to your range.[/QUOTE You are correct in your statement however when someone has complaints and instead of helping solve the problem they avoid it by posting it here.If this person would have came out said what was going on it would have been rectified instead he said nothing and didn't care until he got home to complain.Any member here could tell you we try hard to make this place better but without help and communication we can't.Being the only person here most times its hard to watch cameras wait on customers and deal with calls I cant see or be everywhere so input from members or guests helps.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast