Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Registering Firearms/Renewal Process

I hold a non-resident LCF from Centre County and have for about three years; with the new regulations coming up I am thinking of renewing early to start the five year clock ticking anew.

I have two questions and hope someone can answer instead of bugging our good supported Sheriff Nau.

1. Did that dumbass bill to register firearms from 2009 ever pass? (My firearms are not registered in PA - not a one of them)

2. What is the process for renewal? I intend to send the completed application form as per my original application along with a cop of my UTAH CFP, my NRA Handgun certification, my Ontario, Canada Drivers License, my United States Passport and Birth Certificate and a fresh passport size photograph, along with my Postal Money Order for $26 US. Does this pretty much cover it all? Oh, and an SASE it seems to say. No fingerprint card.

Thanks in advance for your good cousel.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Registering Firearms/Renewal Process

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

everything about the renewal process right there.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontogunguy View Post
    I hold a non-resident LCF from Centre County and have for about three years; with the new regulations coming up I am thinking of renewing early to start the five year clock ticking anew.

I have two questions and hope someone can answer instead of bugging our good supported Sheriff Nau.

1. Did that dumbass bill to register firearms from 2009 ever pass? (My firearms are not registered in PA - not a one of them)

2. What is the process for renewal? I intend to send the completed application form as per my original application along with a cop of my UTAH CFP, my NRA Handgun certification, my Ontario, Canada Drivers License, my United States Passport and Birth Certificate and a fresh passport size photograph, along with my Postal Money Order for $26 US. Does this pretty much cover it all? Oh, and an SASE it seems to say. No fingerprint card.

Thanks in advance for your good cousel.
    Curious...did you have Canadian DL when you got the LTCF originally? I ask because I have heard a couple sheriffs will not issue to Canadian residents.

I am a club member with over 100 acers in center co Greg twp I am looking to carry a pistol on the property. I had a PENNSYLVANIA Permit to carry from 08/08/2003 to 08/08/2008 and would like to renew the permit was for self-defense permit no. 14 008614.
    Thank you Anthony Danielovits

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony danielovits View Post
    I am a club member with over 100 acers in center co Greg twp I am looking to carry a pistol on the property. I had a PENNSYLVANIA Permit to carry from 08/08/2003 to 08/08/2008 and would like to renew the permit was for self-defense permit no. (redacted)

LOl... we really don't need the permit number, especially since it's expired by 2 years.

See the link posted above by SoberByker and follow the instructions, the process is the same whether you are renewing or applying for the first time.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Curious...did you have Canadian DL when you got the LTCF originally? I ask because I have heard a couple sheriffs will not issue to Canadian residents.
    Yes, Canadian Drivers License BUT United States passport. There are several states that will not issue to you if you are not a resident of the USA, which I am for much of the winter each year and will even more so in about 2 years time when we have our property stateside set up for retirement.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony danielovits View Post
    I am a club member with over 100 acers in center co Greg twp I am looking to carry a pistol on the property. I had a PENNSYLVANIA Permit to carry from 08/08/2003 to 08/08/2008 and would like to renew the permit was for self-defense permit no. 14 008614.

Your location has you in NJ....You're going to need to prove you live in PA...or get a NJ permit (good luck with that)...in order to get another one from PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Torontogunguy View Post
    Yes, Canadian Drivers License BUT United States passport. There are several states that will not issue to you if you are not a resident of the USA, which I am for much of the winter each year and will even more so in about 2 years time when we have our property stateside set up for retirement.
    If you have a US Passport you are a US Citizen. You should look into your states requirements regarding getting a Driver's license in USA. That will indicate your domicile.

Well guys, I got clocked. My application was returned with a note saying we do not deal with Canada.

Funny thing is that except for the new application form and the new pix, I submitted everything that I did with my original application in 2007 including my United States Passport and Birth Certificate indicating that I am a United States citizen and have been for all of my 59 years. I also sent along a copy of my Canadian Drivers License as I originally did and a copy of my Canadian Permit to Acquire and Possess Firearms, as I did with my original app in 2007.

Seems the State Police are saying they don't want to bother with anyone not in the PICS system (strange since I already have permits via the NICS system and have submitted FBI fingerprint cards for permits from 6 other states (non resident)) just in case something like this should happen while we are resident in Toronto putting food on the table.

We are now retired for all intents and purposes and intending to move to Florida and making Florida our domicile by obtaining a D/L there, registering the vehicle and travel trailer there, buying a piece of property there and applying for the homesteaders tax abatement, registering to vote there, etc. What a pleasure it will be to have a resident permit from one of the states.... especially when there are several states that do not recognize non-res permits at all and several more states (a bunch!) that will not issue to US Citizens living 'abroad' although I am one hour from Buffalo NY. It sure would be nice to have a PA permit.... we spend lots of time in PA with family and friends. And just generally travelling and fishing. And shopping.

The Sheriff is having a talk with the state police to see if they will run me through the PICS system as I am an American but these days I am afraid that nobody really gives a hoot. It's all about making the most money for the least effort and getting home to watch cartoons. I can only hope and keep my fingers crossed that they will do the right thing for a just and upright guy.

There can be no reason for them NOT to issue me a permit since I have the Canadian permit; excepting that I have decided to live and make my living an hour north of Buffalo NY.

I still consider myself one of "We the People" and when called upon during the early 70's pledged to serve my country well. These days it does not seem to make a lick of difference.

It is a bankrupt system, morally, that does not return the favor in kind. Up until yesterday I had a very high opinion generally of PA but asides from driving through PA in future will not be stopping in-state excepting to visit my folks.

There are far too many other states that have their heads screwed on right. And it is a pity for the just and upright folks of PA and in especially those in the political system and law enforcement and licensing system that try to do the right thing but have their hands tied.

Lessee. Buy a shack in FL, change my D/L to FL, register to vote and I am good to go everywhere that is shall issue. And even may issue in some cases. Move one hour north of Buffalo and I am screwed. It just boggles my mind and again, I keep my fingers crossed that logical heads will prevail and that this will turn into a minor error in processing.

Keep safe out there.