Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Eagle Arms Productions Gun Show - Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks

I went in sometime close to noon and came out around 3. Yes, it was fairly well packed, like the VFGS gets, and, as had been said, all this, with wider aisles. It was hard at times to concentrate what with all the muzzling by idiots and the general jostling of the crowd.

MN M44s and K31s seem to be beginning to command ridiculous premiums. Mausers (48s, 98s, VZ 24s) were in evidence here and there, with some very, very clean Finnish MN 91/30s, both hex and round, back towards the back right corner from a gun shop that has gotten slagged of late here.

I didn't see too many people schlepping F/S rifles around on shoulders, but I did see a number of people bringing in pistol boxes. Ham-and-egger types were out on the sidewalk trying to schmooze looksies at goods coming in, whereas at VFGS you usually encounter these guys just past check in and right before the siding/rain gutters salespeople. Speaking of which, most of the extraneous stuff seemed a little more complimentary than that seen at most shows.

Anyway, I was there for a blade or two, and found several dealers, two of whom (one towards your right along the wall, immediately after you enter, the other on the back left side, all around the end of one aisle, goes by "Flavio") had some of the better makes, like Al Mar, Chris Reeve, Cold Steel, Emerson. There's a third in there on the same aisle as Flavio, on the opposite side (right of the hall) who has mostly fluff, and higher prices on the decent pieces there. Flavio wound up selling me a Boker PLUS Mosier and a Utility HAK, $35 less than list for the one, and $10 over for the other. I was in the mood for something pricier and willing to spend, but the Boker fit my hand like a damned glove -- go figure.

I might be back tomorrow for a second go-round, perhaps earlier than today, since there were a few things that bore further investigation. It was difficult to shop effectively, given the crowds, but that's a good thing, since this is starting to look like a healthy show.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Eagle Arms Productions Gun Show - Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks

Got there at 9:30, almost 10:00 before I got in the door. Two people taking money would have been nice.

Good observation. Two lines to pay admission fees would have helped.

And having the bathrooms by the cashier area closed didn't help.

But overall, I thought the show was excellent. Crowded, yes, but that is what brings in more vendors. And the promoter's response was NOT to get an extra row of tables squeezed by reducing the width of the aisles, but by limiting the number of tables.

And, I've heard a rumor that the next show will be moved to the bigger hall at the same place, with a 1000 tables.

Doesn't mean that I'll stop going to Valley Forge - just means that there is another show to add to my list of regular shows to visit.

(Chester County)

It seemed like a pretty good show although I agree with SSgt's Son they need more open bathrooms, was suprised to see crowds even when I left at 1pm
    Also bought an ammo can at 308 ammo guy It was advertised as Israeli 5.56 but when I got home it was some crapy Sadu Romainian shit felt like he doesnt have any idea what he's selling or just dosent care kinda pissed . However At a differnt table did get some Black Hills Gold 308

(Chester County)

Being a new gun "enthusiast", I thought the show was a great way to spend a couple hours on Sunday. Traffic wasn't too bad despite the golf show next door and parking wasn't too bad.

Understanding it was Sunday, most Colt 1911's were cleaned out. The ones left over were insanely overpriced. I think I counted 12 in the whole show.
    * Stay classy, Capital City VIP Gimp *

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt's Son View Post
    Good observation. Two lines to pay admission fees would have helped.

And having the bathrooms by the cashier area closed didn't help.

But overall, I thought the show was excellent. Crowded, yes, but that is what brings in more vendors. And the promoter's response was NOT to get an extra row of tables squeezed by reducing the width of the aisles, but by limiting the number of tables.

And, I've heard a rumor that the next show will be moved to the bigger hall at the same place, with a 1000 tables.

Doesn't mean that I'll stop going to Valley Forge - just means that there is another show to add to my list of regular shows to visit.
    I don't think it was a rumor that he was adding 100 more tables for the June show. The flyer on the table as you walk in was printed to say there would be 1000 tables available.

(Delaware County)

On Sunday I was talking with one of the vendors and they said that the next time they will be in the big hall. It'll make entering the Expo center a lot easier. I parked over by BJ's and didn't realize I had to walk halfway around the (large) building to find the entrance.

I liked the show. I arrived on Sunday about 12:30 and had to wait about 10 minutes to get in. I then walked to the rear of the room and started working my way forward. It was less crowded in the back. One thing I did notice was that if you wanted to by a Taurus Judge (.410 revolver), this was the place to go. I spotted about 6 vendors with them and one had the Circuit Judge which was the .410/45 revolving carbine.

Next time I'll have to try and get there on Saturday before too many sales take place.

(Montgomery County)

Got there little before 1pm on Sunday. Parked around the side, wasn't much of a walk. But it was expected.

Walked in, got gun zip tied, then stood in line for less than a minute and was in. It went quick. Cop commented bout the zip tie not fitting said "You just had to bring a big gun". LoL Didn't ask me for LTCF or anything like that, like someone said they did at a past show.

I was looking for reloading stuff, and possibly an HK P30.. Didn't find the things I really wanted, but picked up foregrip with bipod for my 22 rifle.

I think I'm done with shows. Really not seeing any better deals than I could get walking into the stores or even online.

(Chester County)

Compared with the November show, it was MUCH more crowded.

The Lower Providence PD officers were putting the zip ties on... as opposed to November, and Valley Forge, where an apparent civilian does it. I'm wondering if the department understands that they would be liable for a ND...

Additionally, I was chased down inside the show by one of the LEO's because they saw my empty holster under my coat. (I'd decided against carrying to avoid that hassle... and got hassled anyway). Once I showed him the empty holster, he left - but it was mildly disconcerting.

The lines were longer... but it wasn't really any worse than I've seen at Valley Forge at peak time. Parking also sucked... again, in line with Valley Forge. If the gun show is the ONLY thing there next time, it will likely get better.

As for the hall - I was less than impressed with some of the stuff for sale. I did look at a OK priced used XD, but the seller balked when I asked him to remove the slide from the frame, and the barrel looked dirty from casual inspection. His loss, not mine.

This show, it seemed 308 Ammo was the only show for bulk ammo. I did get a box of relaods (think that's Warners?)... looking to see how they shoot. They were mostly gone by 11am Saturday.

Anyway - I've never been to a bad gun show - I enjoy being in the same room with that many like-minded people. But it wasn't as nice as the November one.

(Chester County)

This was my first time at the show so i had no expectations, other than to save some money...I left empty handed.

I walked through the whole show and basically hit every table. Prices were higher than targetmaster, which on the high end to begin with. I was looking at XD's and XDm's mostly.

Going to your this weekend and hoping to walk out with a glock 26 gen4.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234