Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Good Price?

(Wayne County)

Default Good Price?

Hey guys and gals is S&W m642 snubby stainless NIB priced at $340 or a full size S&W MP 40 NIB for $420 out the door taxes and transfer included a good deal? Just wondering looking for a new toy gotta pick one which do you think is a better deal personally I think the wheel gun
    Last edited by deerhunterNEPA; January 15th, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Good Price?

For my area, both those prices are good. For overall use, I'd say the M&P will be easier to handle, shoot accurately, reload, etc. Only downside might be concealment. The 642 makes a fine backup and works great for pocket carry in the summer months. Get both and you'll have all the bases covered!

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

I paid about $420 for my S&W 642 (non stainless) about a year ago.
    So I would say thats a good deal.
    Vice President and Board Member of Philadoptables; Friends of the Philadelphia Animal Control Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterNEPA View Post
    Hey guys and gals is S&W m642 snubby stainless NIB priced at $340 or a full size S&W MP 40 NIB for $420 out the door taxes and transfer included a good deal? Just wondering looking for a new toy gotta pick one which do you think is a better deal personally I think the wheel gun
    I also might be in the market for a S&W 642, although I specifically want a no-lock model. If you want a no-lock 642, Bud's Gun Shop has them here for $361 shipped (cash price) plus FFL transfer fees on your end. Good deal either way, depending on what you're looking for.

(Wayne County)

Ya I'd like to get the M&P more I'd say but the 642 stainless out the door for under $350 seems like the better deal ...damnit I want both but gotta move before he sells them haha..maybe I will buy both and hide one from the wife haha

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    I also might be in the market for a S&W 642, although I specifically want a no-lock model. If you want a no-lock 642, Bud's Gun Shop has them here for $361 shipped (cash price) plus FFL transfer fees on your end. Good deal either way, depending on what you're looking for.
    I bought the 642 no-lock model off jahwarrior72 last year. It's a great gun and even better so that there is nothing in the back of my mind worrying about a lock malfunction.

To the OP, I think those are both killer deals, regardless of where you live. You simply won't find prices for those guns, new, that low, anywhere. That being said, get whatever you want. I've only owned full size guns, so having a snub nose/pocket gun is really nice for places where deep concealment is needed. I think having a smaller gun gives you a better peace of mind in regards to concealment.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Wayne County)

Well I just missed the M&P rebate they had going so guess I'm going go with the wheel gun own lots of older longer barrel smith revolvers and a m&p 45 that I inhereted but only cheaper wheel guns taurus rossi ect so I guess I'm due for a quality one thanks all for the help