My experience with ammo has been a mixed bag: the only ammo it consistently feeds (for me) is either speer gold dot jhp and speer tmj ammo. I tried Federal American eagle fmj and had a fte/ftf two out of every three mags. I rotated mags, even field stripped and cleaned my protector 380 at the range with no success. Before giving up completely I decided to fire off my 10 rounds of gold dots I carry and Eureka! Zero issues. I replaced my recoil springs and next trip had the same issues with the American eagle ammo. Blew thru 10 rounds of hornady critical defense and had one fte. May change the extractor spring before the next trip out. I have found that this little monster likes a tight grip and I also experience the "web rub" from the grips when shooting more than a mag. Not a fun gun to shoot, but excellent for summer carry. Also do not waste time or money trying Aguila 380 hollow points in your MPA. It seems the bullet is not seated as far down in the case as domestic ammo. After the third round I loaded the follower seized and I had to pry the rounds out of the mag. I found this to be the case with all three of my Protector mags. Anyone else have recommendations for 100% reliable 380 ammo for the Protector 380?