Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Lehigh County Bldg. at 17 South Seventh St.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Any word on the legality of it?
    Yep, despite the fact that our County executive promised to forward me the opinion of our solicitor I actually heard his opinion in none other than the Morning Call, in a heavily biased article.

It's legal because of the Sheriff's "office" (more like a closet really, as his real office is in the county courthouse) in the building.

However, last time I was there signs still were not up and reciepts weren't being given; I'm working on getting those problems addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Yep, despite the fact that our County executive promised to forward me the opinion of our solicitor I actually heard his opinion in none other than the Morning Call, in a heavily biased article.

It's legal because of the Sheriff's "office" (more like a closet really, as his real office is in the county courthouse) in the building.

However, last time I was there signs still were not up and reciepts weren't being given; I'm working on getting those problems addressed.
    Well if there is a sheriff's office, no matter how small, it seems it does fall under the definition of court facility. They should be following the rest of the law then too. It'll be a miracle if that happens...

(f) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:
    "Court facility." The courtroom of a court of record; a courtroom of a community court; the courtroom of a magisterial district judge; a courtroom of the Philadelphia Municipal Court; a courtroom of the Pittsburgh Magistrates Court; a courtroom of the Traffic Court of Philadelphia; judge's chambers; witness rooms; jury deliberation rooms; attorney conference rooms; prisoner holding cells; offices of court clerks, the district attorney, the sheriff and probation and parole officers; and any adjoining corridors.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    Actually there was a post about a dog getting a LTCF.
    Did anyone sniff the butts of his references?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12